Sign in to follow this  
MisterEd65

My First Banner :o)

Hi! I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday season.  Here is a banner I did for a co-worker of mine.  This is the first banner I've done and I'd like your opinion on it.  Also, what would you guys charge for this?  It is 2' x 4' and two colors.  Thanks for any and all comments/criticisms!

Ed

post-4361-12986548919368_thumb.jpg

post-4361-12986548920074_thumb.jpg

post-4361-12986548940373_thumb.jpg

post-4361-12986548940932_thumb.jpg

Looks good, a few things though. When I first looked at the banner I was unsure of what it is about. I see the WWII and German and realize the Wars, but what is the point of this banner? Is the co-worker selling stuff?

For full color banners at 2'x4' I would be at $40. But thats printing.

I would have put the RELICS on a different line than the german, Japanes,etc.

Other than that, it looks great. YOu did a good job.

Ohhhh, Banner, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize it until after seeing your post and then re-reading it.

Yes, if the co-worker is selling relics, make sure it appears that way. It's hard to figure out what it is he is selling or offering. Minor changes you should discuss with them.

Nice job on it though.

I was thinking the same thing, but the guy that wanted it has this design on other things like business cards, and that is what he wanted.  I did a couple of other designs where the WWII, Relics, etc. was done different, like a listing down one side, etc. and he just pretty much wanted it the way it is, matching his business cards and such.   This banner is for when he goes to militaria shows and sells WWII relics and such.  Me personally, I'd have done it a little bit different too.  :(

Thanks for the comments.  Ed

I'm wondering what goes through customers heads when thinking up stuff lol.

There should be a hierarchy when doing anything.

First: Company Logo - this should be rememberable and lasting in a persons mind, but not take over, so when they see just the logo they know what you do.

Second: Phone number or website, why? how else are the customers going to get in contact with you?

Third - Objective - wraps, graphic design, in your case relics.

Fourth - Design - You should lay out what you are doing and design around this. I find too many times people laying out text around a design and your constantly fighting with position of everything.

-----

Now don't go off on me like another member did telling me to leave his thread.

I'm just stating what a customer should know before anything is designed.

Guest kenya

At first glance, I was wondering myself what it was for. But the website name put it in perspective for me.

The banner looks great.  :(