Sign in to follow this  
camillekindle

which roland printer would you recommend?

Which roland printer would you recommend?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which roland printer would you recommend?

• vp-540i
    • sp-540Qi
    • 30 inch roland versacamm
    • Roland SP540 Versacamm 54

We are looking to buy a wide format printer. Can you please tell me what you would recommend and why. Or if you would recommend anything else. We are hoping to be able to try vehicle wraps one day but for the most part we are contemplating making banners and printed decals and promotional gear.

Thanks!

Best advice...with tools and equipment. Buy the best that you can afford. There are numerous places on the interenet where you can get reviews of the Roland Printers. There are,in fact, forums dedicated exclusively to Roland. You can't beat hearing the first-hand experiences of people who use them every day.

I've been talking to Fivestar about getting a Roland CJ-500 and having it converted over to the Solvent Inks. Imo this is the best way to go if your looking for a great printer with awesome quality. Ive been told the quality is the same as the $21,000 Roland Versacamm, just a bit slower. But i'll take that over spending another $15k.

Btw the CJ-500 converted has been said to cost around $6000-$7000 with the printer and conversion done.

Guest fivestar

Yes the CJ-500 converted to an SC-500 and added pre and post heaters make for an excellent machine.  I've seen James' VP-540 in action and man it is sweet, don't get me wrong.  His is at least twice as fast as mine, but as Mader has stated for 6-7K you can have a great wide format printer/cutter that produces some great results.

Now with that said, you really need to be somewhat tech savvy, because you have to remember these machines (CJ-500) wasn't meant for solvent ink.  But once you get it figured out, you'll love it, at least I do. 

Here's a link to some of the recent stuff I did with my printer.  http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,23830.0.html

Guest fivestar

anyone know anything bout the roland FJ-40?

I "think" the FJ-40 is a 42" printer only, not print and cut.

found an FJ 40 converted to eco solvent inks for $5500 OBO, cant really seem to find any info on it on the web to see if it is a good deal or not

well, Id go for it....that's a good price for a 42" printer with solvent capability already.

For same amount of money you can find 54" roland fj50 (converted to eco solvent)

With 42" you will be limited to the media size, and also you cant print banners wider then 3'.

My advice , if you are buying printer , go with 54".

Good luck.

D.

looks like a good deal. It will be interesting to see how high it goes.

I won't bid on it for 2 reasons:

ZERO feedback, and this: DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE EQUIPMENT WE CAN NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL.

WE CAN ACCEPT BANK WIRES OR CASH IN PERSON.

yeah,,no ink with it means you can't test it unless you bring ink with you. I am close enough to pick up,too.

I think I'll just wait.

If one was going to spend 5-7000 on a converted roland, why not go ahead and put another 2 grand with it and get a brand new prismjet (Mutoh)?

Guest fivestar

If one was going to spend 5-7000 on a converted roland, why not go ahead and put another 2 grand with it and get a brand new prismjet (Mutoh)?

Is that a printer/cutter?  Is that 54"?  I've never checked into those prismjets.

Prism jet is printer only.I know they often have sales, but I never saw it for $9000 .

I couldn't find it ANYWHERE but SignWarehouse...and only as a package deal for $13,000.Maybe they sell it separately but it's not on their website that I can find.

Yep, Signwarehouse, printer only, 48 inch, no package stuff $8500.00 If you got cash, ready to buy, you can get free shipping.

I got an email from them today advertising a year-end demo deal (lightly used 48" and 54" PrismJet demo printers with 1-year onsite warranty).  You have to call for pricing and availability.