Sign in to follow this  
mailman

small cuts pulling up

I am trying to cut a stick family, all cuts fine but the small facial features like the eyes peel up, I cleaned the cutter thinking there was some residue, I tried a slow speed 0f 12 and 16 also faster, but same problem. I also used various force with no luck. The eyes are small maybe about an 1/8 inch or smaller, offset at .012 I am using inches.. Thanks, Mark

Guest crshirts

Try offset at .018 and speed at 20 or more.

Slow speed sometimes gives me bad cuts

Carl

Check to make sure there isn't a piece of vinyl stuck in the blade holder.  That would keep the blade from rotating and potential cause the cuts to peel up.

Just like preston said, check for extra pieces stuff up there. Also look into possibly getting some clean cut blades i've heard nothing but good things about them.

Just like preston said, check for extra pieces stuff up there. Also look into possibly getting some clean cut blades i've heard nothing but good things about them.

+1

I have noticed that different vinyl will "slide" on the backer when the knife turns, not just cheap vrs 3 year vrs 7 year, but different colors will have better or worse adhesion to the backer.

example, I cut the same 3/4" cursive from GMI (really cheap) blue, white, & red. the blue and white cut and did not pull up, but the red had little pieces sliding up and rolling up.

I did try a 60 blade, not a good result, when I use a 45 and with the pcut630 at 30 speed I got the best result.

remember too that when the blade swivels to turn it is pushing against the vinyl in order to make the blade turn, so sharp corners that come back will have a tendency to roll up = if possible design smaller cuts with few such corners.