Sign in to follow this  
sbarr

My first "big" projects

Here are pictures of my first two "big" projects. 

The O is for my brother on his cornhole boards.  He has them painted grey, so the red and black look great.  We haven't applied them yet, but hopefully we'll get them on in the next few days.  I'll post another picture when completed.

The video surveillance sign is for a friend's house.  She couldn't find one so she asked me to make one.  I didn't quite get it centered left-to-right, but she's happy.  I need to order some more vinyl, I used up most of my black while learning.  Now I don't have enough to make another sign.

I'll have to order some clear transfer tape too.  I can see where that would help lining up lettering.

Thanks to everyone that shows their work and offers advice to us newbies.  This is an awesome forum.

Steve - KD8GRM

Bellville, OH

post-6659-12986547707843_thumb.jpg

post-6659-12986547708143_thumb.jpg

post-6659-12986547717758_thumb.jpg

post-6659-12986547717918_thumb.jpg

Very nice work!!

Where did you get your sign blanks? I've been looking for a good reasonable place to get them.

Very nice work!!

Where did you get your sign blanks? I've been looking for a good reasonable place to get them.

I found it on eBay while looking for something else.  Shipping was a little much for the two that I ordered, but still managed to make a little money on the sign.  He has larger quantities also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLANK-ALUMINUM-SIGN-9X12-METAL-WHITE-NEW_W0QQitemZ130330224391QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e58496707#ht_500wt_996

Steve

Nice work ( signs plus banners has blanks in different thickness  for a business i would suggest at least 063 or 080)  the blanks in the link above said 025 that is very thin

Dan

Nice work ( signs plus banners has blanks in different thickness  for a business i would suggest at least 063 or 080)  the blanks in the link above said 025 that is very thin

You are quite correct, the blanks are very thin.  The sign is going to be mounted on the side of her garage, so it will be OK.  I will check out the other suppliers and find some thicker ones for future projects.

Thanks.

Steve