Sign in to follow this  
FutureSgtsWife

I needed a huge tree skirt...

and since the only one I found that was big enough was $400, I decided to make my own.  I bought a large round tablecloth, cut a center hole, cut a slit down the side, cheated the hem by using fusible web (and not sewing it...) - and used snowflake dingbats for the design.  I used a yard of white flock vinyl - and LOVE how it came out.  Erik is especially pleased since the bank account saw a savings of $380 by me doing it myself....

232323232%7Ffp63246%3Evq%3D326%3A%3E2%3C6%3E232%3EWSNRCG%3D3376%3C7%3A54532%3Bvq0mrj

And just imagine the profit margin of the company selling the $400 skirt..

Nice job, I love DIY awesomeness.

good job! Anytime I see anything..I ask myself..can I make that myself?

Great idea!  Did the vinyl flock just stick to the table cloth like vinyl to windows or did you have to heat press it on?  I guess I'm not sure what Vinyl Flock is?!  Looks

Great idea!  Did the vinyl flock just stick to the table cloth like vinyl to windows or did you have to heat press it on?  I guess I'm not sure what Vinyl Flock is?!  Looks

It's heat-applied.  I like it because the weave of the tablecloth doesn't show thru the vinyl.

Banner... how do you think I wound up with a vinyl plotter??  I saw wall words, ordered one, paid a damn fortune for a saying that has yet to be hung up in my house - and said "ohhhh I can make those...."  And here I am.

Guest fivestar

I'm so excited... I sold my first tree skirt today!!

;D ;D ;D

kinda makes my dollar tree skirt look pitiful.

LOL John, you crack me up!!  :thumbsup:  Your tree and tree skirt look GREAT!!  Don't short yourself like that!