1leonchen

refine cutter problems with flexi

i am getting the plotter cut from sign blazer, but it wont cut from flexi. i have tried the roland pnc 1000 driver and the driver pack from your site none works. i keep gettting write port error . i have check the buad rate the com port number and still nothing. flexi work it runs a mutoh falcon 48 outdoor so i know flexi works. i just cant get flexi to comunicate with the plotter.

com port  2

data bits        8

parity            none

buad rate 9600

flow control          hardware

hardwires        dtr      rts      cts

windows and flexi have the same settings

plotter has 9600 baud rate set 

It's tricky to first get it setup. It took me 2 + hours to set all of mine up with my Refine once I got Flexi. Make sure you plug the cutter into the same port on the computer every time or you will be in the same shape again!

Good luck.

i am getting the plotter cut from sign blazer, but it wont cut from flexi. i have tried the roland pnc 1000 driver and the driver pack from your site none works. i keep gettting write port error . i have check the buad rate the com port number and still nothing. flexi work it runs a mutoh falcon 48 outdoor so i know flexi works. i just cant get flexi to comunicate with the plotter.

why are you using the Roland pnc driver?    Your cutter is listed,    In brands,  go to US Cutter,, then in models,  select your cutter

It depends, I guess on your version of Flexi. I have Flexi Pro 8.1 and there are no Refines listed at all. I use the Roland driver.

well i am having the same problem i spent nearly 4 hours trying to get flexi to work (what a waste of time lol) it would start to cut, then it would just pretend it was cutting, make some groaning noises and movve around a bit when it felt like it then nothing

im using flexi 8.5v1 on usb to serial adapter - serial port on cutter (refine MH721), i downloaded the uscutters drivers and selected the right one.  I even changed the packet size to 1000kb like someone had suggested and still nothing.  Am i missing something obvious ?? BTW i dont have a great knowledge of this program what so ever i have been using SB but someone suggested i try out Flexi, any help would be appreciated

It depends, I guess on your version of Flexi. I have Flexi Pro 8.1 and there are no Refines listed at all. I use the Roland driver.

That could very well be,,,  I am looking at a version of Flexistarter 8.6 

I'm using Flexi 7.6 without problems with a Refine on a real serial port. It's set to cut to the com port, make sure youre setting sare 9600 8n1 and hardware flow control. More than likely it's the USB serial adapter causing you problems.

I'm using Flexi 7.6 without problems with a Refine on a real serial port.

That's exactly how mine is set up , and I haven't had a single problem. I always suggest using a "real" serial port and never mess with USB at all. I am using the older Roland pnc 1000 drivers as well.

If your computer doesn't have a real serial port, then get a serial port add-on card. Or you can buy an older cheap Dell desktop somewhere and dedicate it just to cutting.

i dont have a real serial port as im using a laptop, but i idid get flexi to cut some squares and cicles when i was messing about it just wouldn't cut lettering that was about 60mm x 1000mm.

I will check the settings and see if it makes a difference

i didnt adjust any settings from the install as i really have no idea what to adjust, only changed the packet size to 1000kb as i read it on here but if anyone has a set of settings to try i will give it a go

Thanks