Cable Tech

Application Roller

I came up with an easy and cheap idea and wanted to share with everyone.  Made a trip to Harbor Freight today and got a couple of outfeed table rollers. I think they were 6 bucks a piece. They even come with the brackets. Just mount them to a board and clamp it to the table. Thats it! Works like a charm!

These are only 13" long. Not sure if they make longer ones. I just use 12" tape for now so it works perfect for me.

post-6393-12986547183701_thumb.jpg

post-6393-12986547184461_thumb.jpg

post-6393-1298654718528_thumb.jpg

post-6393-12986547199598_thumb.jpg

post-6393-12986547200179_thumb.jpg

post-6393-1298654720073_thumb.jpg

If my tired old eyes are looking at the picture right..the rollers stick up above the end caps and brackets. Could you not mount another set,end to end, to make it longer?

You know John, I was thinking that same thing. I think that would work fine!! I will be picking up 4 when I go to harbor freight!

Well if you mounted them end to end, the end brackets would be in the way of the tape coming down through the roller, which is how this design works.

You would have to somehow modify the bracket and mount the rollers to each other. It would probably lose support in the middle of it.

I would think that the roller would have to be one solid continuous piece.

I was thinking more of being able to put 2 rolls side by side of different sizes  say a 12" and a 6"

depending on thickness of rollers, if you could find a size of PVC pipe that the rollers would fit snugly into...2 rollers inside of the pipe,end to end.

I was thinking more of being able to put 2 rolls side by side of different sizes  say a 12" and a 6"

John, well yeah that would work. Sorry, I was assuming you wanted to put a larger roll like a 24" on it.

Heck, you could make a tape roller out of the rollers on the back of your cutter with a little modification. :huh:

Of course if you didn't use them. 

I have several conveyer rollers I bought to make a roll holder for my copam that wasn't down on the crossbar and have now sold the copam

PB080107.jpg

they are 31.5" without the pins on the sides

$5.00 each plus actual shipping from 49036 priority mail - each roller is 42oz. . . . + guessing 8-10oz for the box  so two rollers and shipping box should be just under 6 lbs

Mailing tubes were just ordered tonight so I won't be able to ship for a couple of days

OK, it was my idea, throw some my way!! :huh:

How many you got?

Don't get paid til Friday. Can u save me 2 of them till Friday??

If my tired old eyes are looking at the picture right..the rollers stick up above the end caps and brackets. Could you not mount another set,end to end, to make it longer?

He is running the app tape underneath though. You couldn't do that with two end to end.

Jay

that is just what i need

anyone in the uk watching this thread who can put me onto something like that

ps well done for sharing

stu

No harbor freights in the UK?? How do you survive?? ;D

anyway...any home improvement center should have those..especially ones who carry a  lot of woodworking tools.

Pay my air fare and I'll bring you as many as you want. :huh:

well i found this thread yesterday after deciding i really need an app tape roller after applying 24 inch app tape by hand and its a nightmare, anyway im in the UK and have spent about 3 hours now searching the net all major tool retailers and even the bay of rubbish and i can not find any of these, if i wnat a whole 2 metre table of them fine, but i can not get them as single items, if anyone in the UK has managed to source then please do share, if i find some i will be sure to post a link up for all