Sign in to follow this  
Brandon_Davis

US Cutter Announces The Availability of GreenStar Vinyl

Guest fivestar

3 mil just seems too thick to me.  I may be wrong, but I think for $2.74 per 24"x10 yrd I'll stick with Oracal. 

Never mind. I know what this is and where it comes from. Decent vinyl..I've used it before.

3 mil just seems too thick to me.  I may be wrong, but I think for $2.74 per 24"x10 yrd I'll stick with Oracal. 

3mil is not too thick at all,, That is what Fellers Shinerite is..  and  this is what I use from Earlmich.com,  All the vinyl that I purchase is 3 mil.    That Wizard decal  was done in 3 mil.  black,  never a problem. 

Guest fivestar

3mil is not too thick at all,, That is what Fellers Shinerite is..   and  this is what I use from Earlmich.com,  All the vinyl that I purchase is 3 mil.    That Wizard decal   was done in 3 mil.  black,  never a problem. 

That's great, but I still think I will stick with Oracal.

It's the same stuff that several other suppliers are selling under their own house brand names. Mumpower calls it Freedom Cal. But USC has the best prices I've seen so far.

honestly..I cut 10 yards of it last weeka dn I can't say a bad thing about it. Side by side..Oracal..couldn't see a difference.

Can't say who made it but I do know that there is a factory in the midwest that makes 3 of the most well known brands..only difference is the name on the lining paper.

Guest fivestar

I sure hope you guys give it a try and actually give it a shot before determining it's quality and origin... This is a unique vinyl to US Cutter and it provides an excellent value over Oracal 651 in my opinion... I think you will appreciate the ease at which it weeds, applies, and the care in which we have packed it.

I am eager to hear about a real world use of this new product.

It's about 10% cheaper then a PROVEN product, how's that "an excellent value"?  Like I stated earlier, for the little bit of price difference I believe I will stay with what has already been proven to work very well.

We are unable to disclose the manufacturer as per our OEM agreement.  I can say, the vinyl is top quality from a veteran / reliable manufacturer with film that comes from the same manufacture that makes Oracal's intermediate films.  We have positioned it to be the best value in the industry and we believe that you could not go wrong choosing this or Oracal's intermediate and cast vinyls.

We just lowered the price a bit to make the vinyl even more competitive!

It is fine to call this new product a "Five year vinyl", but how does it really hold up?  I was equally dubious about Oracal vinyl at first, but I have since watched Oracal go well past it's advertised life expectancy with no appreciable degradation.  Can you offer any evidence to show if this vinyl will stand the test of time?  (Is this LG?) :huh:

It's only $15, just you a roll, test it, if you don't like it you're not out a bunch of money. Of course USC is going to tell you good things about it, thats why they chose to sell it. Only way to find out how great it is would be to buy it. I'll pick up a roll of the Azure blue to try out, if it works then I got me a roll of 24x10 for the same price as a 15x10 roll of Oracal. I still stand beside Oracal though, def leaps and bounds over BGS.

You know, you're right.  At that price it's got to be worth a try.  I might try it first on short term items, just in case.  How is it's adhesive properties?  Anybody used it on a banner yet?  Just wondering how it does after being rolled up on a banner.

Brandon and I made a few banners with the GreenStar and it is holding up great.

Sign in to follow this