Sign in to follow this  
Guest kenya

Windows 7 ???

Guest kenya

I know alot of questions are going to be coming up about Windows 7, but can anyone tell me if it will work with a pcut or a copam 2500?

My laptop has been acting really crazy since the weekend & I need to see about ordering a new one. And with 7 coming out- I thought that I should just go ahead and get one with the 32 bit version installed.

Also, I'm using SB - but will learn Flexi if I need to.

Anyone having experience with SB, 32bit Win7, a pcut or copam, and with all working with USB.... I would love to hear about it.

Thanks.

oh, the problem is the pointer is jumping all over the screen...........it's never happened before Friday.

I'm using SB with Windows 7 but using the MH-871 at the moment without any problems like you mentioned. I hate Windows but some programs I use need this terrible companies software to work lol.

Is it only the cursor in SB or Windows in general?

Guest kenya

Are you using 32 or 64 bit?

The cursor is all over the place, it ends up slowing everything to a halt. I then start task manager to close down apps. then shut the laptop down & restart all over again........ UGH.

Sometimes it works fine & other times it's the same.

I'm using 64-bit, but since SB is 32 bit native it runs with the 32 bit emulator. Have you tried updating your drivers since you are using a laptop with touch pad as the mouse, it may need a drivers update. Or maybe the touchpad is going bad?

I'd look into getting 64 bit computer, i wouldn't go back. But i'm also running 8gb of ram, with 32 bit it won't recognize anything over 3.5gb of ram. Then again, I'll never buy or build a pc for myself or wife again. Once you go MAC you never go back lol

Guest kenya

O.K. Mader...... talk to me like I'm 2  :thumbsup:.

Are you saying that you can use 32 or 64 bit Win7 with SB?

Sorry, but I don't know this pc lingo.  :rolleyes:

It's a Dell laptop that I ordered new in Feb., so I still have a few months warranty. I've changed nothing, added nothing. Only downloaded some files from here & there. The cutters have always work perfect with it.

It could be the touch pad, I'm not sure that this point.

Ok kenya, i'm talking like your 2.

1. your first problem - you bought a Dell. lol Sorry but Dell computers are nice for the price but expect to replace parts. Good thing is, their customer service is voted like #1 in the country with service, that's if you get someone who speaks english. Call them up and tell them your problem.

2. yes, you can run SignBlazer with 64 bit Windows 7. Any program that is not designed for 64 bit will run in 32 bit on your 64 bit operating system through a emulator in Windows. It will run just like it would on any other system, just in the task manager you'll see a *32bit telling you that it's not 64 bit.

64 bit Operating Systems run faster and enable the user to run more memory. 32 bit operating system from Windows will only recognize 3.5 gb of ram. So if you stick 4 - 2gb sticks in, it won't recognize it. So why buy more?

O.K. Mader...... talk to me like I'm 2  :rolleyes:.

Are you saying that you can use 32 or 64 bit Win7 with SB?

Sorry, but I don't know this pc lingo.  :thumbsup:

It's a Dell laptop that I ordered new in Feb., so I still have a few months warranty. I've changed nothing, added nothing. Only downloaded some files from here & there. The cutters have always work perfect with it.

It could be the touch pad, I'm not sure that this point.

Touch pad?  whats that? LOL  From day 1, I went to Walmart  and got a Logitech  wireless mouse for $25.00  for my laptop  and also my 2nd laptop..    I don't change batteries, mayybe 1 time  in 3 months.  So much easier ;D

Guest kenya

Touch pad?  whats that? LOL  From day 1, I went to Walmart  and got a Logitech  wireless mouse for $25.00  for my laptop   and also my 2nd laptop..    I don't change batteries, mayybe 1 time  in 3 months.  So much easier :rolleyes:

I've got one also...... just like the touch pad so much more. Guess I wore it out.  :thumbsup:

It's not about it getting worn out, it just may have broke or something, i've seen crazier. I love my Macbook Pro's touch pad. it's glass and doesn't have any buttons for clicking, it's all multi-touch technology. Def a Mac guy :thumbsup:

Good luck with your stuff, any other questions let me know.

Guest kenya

It's not about it getting worn out, it just may have broke or something, i've seen crazier. I love my Macbook Pro's touch pad. it's glass and doesn't have any buttons for clicking, it's all multi-touch technology. Def a Mac guy :rolleyes:

Good luck with your stuff, any other questions let me know.

Thanks Mader.......... guess I'm going to order another laptop. I can send this one back for repair in the meantime.

I have 3 dell's in the house (2 laptops & a desktop), this is the first time that I've had any problems with any.

I'm not counting user errors. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. ;D

Check into the Macbook or Macbook Pro if your willing to spend a little more. You can run Windows on the Macs as well if your into that sort of thing lol Also you can get an Education discount as well which knocks off like $250-$50

Is anyone else "Suddenly" having problems with Windows XP now that Windows7 is on the market?

Every time I take a Windows update, things seem too slow down, a lot of computer crashes.

Joe

Guest kenya

I'm running Vista and you know, my problem started after an update.....  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

I never had any trouble with it at all until I ran the last update on Thursday.

Thats one way for them to get people to try windows 7..Throw in a virus with the updates for now on...I have not updated my pc since i got it...2 years ago

hah, it wouldn't surprise me either, Winblows, sorry, Windows is just a terrible platform. If i could I wouldn't ever run Winblows again. I'd rather run Ubuntu the newest build if OS X wasn't available. Least it's free.

Sorry but Windows is a memory hog, has been since Vista. XP is about the best Windows has seen yet.

Have had 3 dells over the past 15 years have mobo's go out on them - the latest is a dimesion 520.  the MOBO is mirrored on the other side of the case so a generic cannot be put into the case and definately no worth buying one from them. Love the dells when they work but what a pain when they die.  i am going t strip the parts out of the 520 and build a new puter from them

It's def a lot cheaper to build a computer rather than buy it. I'll throw my expertise out there, if anyone needs a tower built I'll build you one!