Sign in to follow this  
john!

Small Stripe Job Today

Did this today, My first stripe job. Didn't do too bad. Used 651 Black Gloss.

Car had these on it but wrecked the front so i made a template, traced it and duplicated it.

The last photo looks like the stripes are tapered toward the back but it's just the view.

post-3907-12986546668303_thumb.jpg

post-3907-12986546669562_thumb.jpg

post-3907-1298654666994_thumb.jpg

post-3907-1298654668144_thumb.jpg

post-3907-1298654668169_thumb.jpg

post-3907-12986546681935_thumb.jpg

Looks good...

FYI... typically you don't want to wax the surface right before applying vinyl, as it may not adhere to the substrate, also you typically would want to use atleast 751, if not 851/951 on a job like this, that will get a ton of direct sunlight and heat exposure.

the 651 will probably outlast the car. It is a Ford,after all. ;D

I like your alignment method as well. 

And John, FYI... my Ford lasted a good 15-16.  Weeks.  Seriously. 

LOL the only truck I ever had to replace an engine in was an F150. I currently drive a Chevy truck (1988) with 165,000 miles on and and it runs like new.

Looks great, By the way my old f150 has over250,000 miles still runs perfect and has never had any engine work.( Ford being the only one of the big three that did not need bailed out says something)

Dan the Ford man

Thanks everyone!

I didn't wax it, there was a run in the paint at the body shop and the guy was rubbing the edge of the hood out when it was taken.

Also, 651 should hold up fine, Haven't had any issues in the past at all and I'm sure it will hold up fine this time also.

If you have the time can you explain your method more in detail for the newbies like myself ?  :huh:

If you have the time can you explain your method more in detail for the newbies like myself ?  :huh:

Really i take a piece of thick masking tape that i think is a good gap between the stripes, center it, spray solution down on vinyl, position stripes against the one side, repeat on other and BAM, done. lol

Great job!!!!  I got to do one like this in the next few weeks. Do you have the eps for the stripe? Thanks

The last photo looks like the stripes are tapered toward the back but it's just the view.

That's why the original Shelby stripes were tapered to the front so they would look the same width from a distance. The center gap on those was an even 2 inches with the outer lines being tapered in slightly at the front.

I striped my Mustang once and used the same method to line them up. It works good, you just have to make sure and get the center line straight and centered. 2" masking tape works good.

did you pre cut the holes for the windshield wiper fluid sprays or just install and cut around them at that time?

I never cut around objects, it looks much more professional with them not cut out. Just picked small holes, put them in and it was done.