BannerJohn

what the refine with Signblazer can do

Here are some signs I made for my nephew to use in his concession business.Everything you see was done with SignBlazer and cut on the refine.

The pics were taken at some kind of Hog Rally (something to do with motorcycles) in Knoxville Tn this summer. I guarantee he made more money off of my signs than I did.

Very Nice..... You are right Banner, Signblazer is a great program, when you learn all the in's and out's on how to use it !!!

well,that was my business for 15 years until last year when he took over. I've had enough corn dogs to last a lifetime. BUT he did at least pay me for the signs. Unlike his dad(my brother) who expects me to fix his computer (over the phone) at least once a month,for nothing.

Very Nice..... You are right Banner, Signblazer is a great program, when you learn all the in's and out's on how to use it !!!

I agree.I honestly believe that Signblazer,properly marketed, could become the industry leader eventually. I learned SignBlazer much faster than I did Flexi,and you know how much that costs,compared to SignBlazer.

Great work Banner John i really liked the 2 color combinations on the word "Lemonade".  very effective visually.  DT

Great work Banner John i really liked the 2 color combinations on the word "Lemonade".  very effective visually.  DT

I always outline yellow.On a bright sunny day,it tends to wash out. When you are one of a dozen vendors selling the same thing,it's important to catch people's eye.

Nice job BannerJohn, I have the refine too and it came with signcut x2 which was tough for a newb like me and then I got Signblazer and I don't use the x2 anymore,  SB is so much better

must be nice, I wouldn't be able to do that banner with my signblazer and refine without doing it letter by letter! I hate both the program and the cutter. I'm trying to find someone else dumb enough to buy it off of me so I can get a master cutter instead. I constantly have to turn away work because I don't want to waste the vinyl when the cutter screws up once again. I will ONLY do little 6" decals with this machine and ONLY if it isn't detailed.

yep, it's official.....I'm closing up shop until further notice! I put up my hand written sign in the window letting people know that I'm closing the doors. I have probably wasted more money in vinyl than I spent on the stupid machine so I'm not cutting even 1 more thing with it. I'm gonna call my customers tomorrow and tell them that I have transferred all of their orders to someone else that does this stuff and I apologize but my machine was junk.

So, if anyone is interested in a refine 721 or a pcut 630, PLEASE contact me. I'll let them both go for $500! thats with the stand and signblazer (which is like using paint after learning photoshop).

must be nice, I wouldn't be able to do that banner with my signblazer and refine without doing it letter by letter! I hate both the program and the cutter. I'm trying to find someone else dumb enough to buy it off of me so I can get a master cutter instead. I constantly have to turn away work because I don't want to waste the vinyl when the cutter screws up once again. I will ONLY do little 6" decals with this machine and ONLY if it isn't detailed.

I didn't have to do it letter by letter. I guess it's all in knowing how to use the software and cutter.Seems like I remember your earlier posts,that you were down on the refine before you even got it.

And apparently,regarding Signblazer,either you didn't take the time to learn it,or you don't know a great program when you see it.

I just wanna know how supposedly you guys have such good luck with this paperweight. I've reformatted my computer and ONLY have firefox and signblazer on it and I've sat around just trying to cut random stuff and out of 12 designs, I'd say at LEAST 8 will cut wrong, or I'll get the wonder cut across the vinyl. I can't understand it. Yes, I was down on the machine before even getting it because of everything I had read on here....and then I got the machine and have the same issues as others on here.

Its the type of machine that I don't DARE walk aways from when doing a job or else I'll come back to it ruining an entire roll of vinyl. I typed the words "Love is Love" and sent it to the cutter. It cut Love is L____________________________________ and it went across the machine til it hit the side. This was just words, no pictures, and using the font Arial with a size of 12. Now, tell me what could have possibly been wrong with anything I did to make this do this? My machine is grounded to its stand, its plugged into a wall outlet by itself in a room with no humidity (since it's 35 degrees out) and the machine isn't hot (since again, it's 35 degrees out).

Let me guess, I will be told I did something wrong or the conditions weren't right or I wasn't hopping on one foot while doing it or something to make everyone that reads this know that it CAN'T be the cutter right?

Like I said, both cutters, $500! If anyone just wants the refine I'll sell it to them for $250 with the stand and this crappy software and everything. I'm shooting for buying a better machine within about 2 weeks so I'll just stay shut down until then. I will NOT cut ANYTHING again with this machine and nobody I ever talk to will buy this thing either.

Its sad, I use to think "made in china" made it a good product.....not anymore!

good luck trying to find a cutter that isn't made in China,or contains mostly Chinese parts.

You should have returned the refine while it was under warranty.

As for the P-cut,I've no idea. If it does the same thing,you must be the most extraordinarily unlucky person I've ever met. To get two bad cutters is a bad sign.

If you want,I can pm you the link to buy a cutter that was my first cutter...working great with never a glitch for almost 2 years. It wasn't cheap when I bought it but the price has come down. The support is strictly email,no phone support.

Yes,some others on here have had the same issues...most of them have resolved the issues. What you don't realize is that the hundred of people who have NO issues,usually don't post.

As for the L___________________________ thing,I had that happen once on my main machine. I had bumped the serial cable and the cutter lost communication. I have since moved the cutter where I won't bump it again.

Oh,and there is no 'supposedly' to it. MY refine works like a charm,as do most of the others on here.

Everything you see on the pics I posted was cut on my refine. All long cuts.  And that is a fact.

My brother does similar banners on a p-cut with no problems.

Guest sciondrgn

Like Banner said, Thats really strange that both are doing that..

I cut a 30" by 40" sign in one session on my pcut with no problems.

I just wanna know how supposedly you guys have such good luck with this paperweight. I've reformatted my computer and ONLY have firefox and signblazer on it and I've sat around just trying to cut random stuff and out of 12 designs, I'd say at LEAST 8 will cut wrong, or I'll get the wonder cut across the vinyl. I can't understand it. Yes, I was down on the machine before even getting it because of everything I had read on here....and then I got the machine and have the same issues as others on here.

Its the type of machine that I don't DARE walk aways from when doing a job or else I'll come back to it ruining an entire roll of vinyl. I typed the words "Love is Love" and sent it to the cutter. It cut Love is L____________________________________ and it went across the machine til it hit the side. This was just words, no pictures, and using the font Arial with a size of 12. Now, tell me what could have possibly been wrong with anything I did to make this do this? My machine is grounded to its stand, its plugged into a wall outlet by itself in a room with no humidity (since it's 35 degrees out) and the machine isn't hot (since again, it's 35 degrees out).

Let me guess, I will be told I did something wrong or the conditions weren't right or I wasn't hopping on one foot while doing it or something to make everyone that reads this know that it CAN'T be the cutter right?

Like I said, both cutters, $500! If anyone just wants the refine I'll sell it to them for $250 with the stand and this crappy software and everything. I'm shooting for buying a better machine within about 2 weeks so I'll just stay shut down until then. I will NOT cut ANYTHING again with this machine and nobody I ever talk to will buy this thing either.

Its sad, I use to think "made in china" made it a good product.....not anymore!

Sorry to hear. We are willing to stand behind the machines we sell and resolve the issues you are having. As John stated, most vinyl cutters, even the name brand units, are made in Asia, not only the ones we offer. Let me know if I can still do anything to help.

I'd like to make a big banner like that for a local car club I'm part of.  What did you use to make it?  I've got the 721.  What is the background that you put the vinyl letters on?  Is that a large vinyl mat?  I'd love to know. 

There are sure a lot of people doing amazing work with theses plotters and SignBlazer or SignCut.  Yes, we all have our occasional problems to work out but having problems with both the Refine and the Pcut seems pretty odd.  I can see one of the machines having an issue but both?  I don't follow the problem posts very closely so I don't know what kind of trouble you were having.  When set up correctly these plotters work just about as well as any of them, and no matter what plotter you buy, you will have to get it set up correctly for it to work.  I know a lot of people think vinyl cutting is easy but there is really a lot more to it than meets the eye.

Before I got my 36" pcut I read all of the post's on the  p cut and signblazer. When I got my cutter it only took about an hour or so to setup,I didn't have any vinyl to cut so I did a lot of plotting with it before I got some. By plotting with it I was able to work out any bugs it my of had , with out wasting any vinyl. When I did get some vinyl the first couple of cuts were a little off /changed the offset abit and down force but after that all has been going well. I have made 10 or so decals cut letters for a hwy truck and trailer. The letters for the trailer were 6" by 60" long ,with out moving the vinyl I then cut 4.5" by 50" for a total of 110" and  I had no trouble with tracking at all .Before I started to cut the vinyl I pre feed the vinyl through the cutter to check the tracking . I have nothing but good to say about my cutter and  us-cutter and this forum.

That just my 2 cents .

Kevin