FBRsportmod68

potential client

got a call today from a lady said dhe wanted some magnetics for her car. What do ya'll think. I know its kinda plain but thats what she wanted.

post-1794-12986545746434_thumb.jpg

post-1794-1298654575854_thumb.jpg

you say plain, I say that's a bunch of info for a magnet, people only have a few seconds to determine the business, decide they want the number, and take down the number, I don't think the address is necessary. it looks good tho :thumbsup:

Looks cool. I agree with the others. I would take off her personal name and the address. or at least her personal name and maybe 1 phone number if she can deal with just 1 number.

I'd say either remove the address all together (unless she wants it), or make them both the same font, so it doesn't look like its two seperate things. other than that i like it!

When I've come across a customer that wants something done their way and it looks crowded, I simply do a quick layout with the minimal amount of info on it.  I then stress to them that the goal of this sign/advertisment should be to communicate to potential customers in as minimal amount of time as possible.  I then show them both layouts and so far, most customers will agree with me that the layout with less info on it is better....but there will always be customers that want it their way.  If that's the case with this one, make your suggestion, then do it their way.  For example, I had a client the other day that wanted a layout for an advertising bench.  The layout was 12"x18" and the customer wanted all this info: Name of Business, Address, Phone #, and 9 lines of text (locally owned, 90 days same as cash, etc.).  The size was just a little bit taller than a piece of letter size paper, so you can imagine how small the text would be.  I did a layout his way, and one with their Name, location (not the full address), phone #, and I picked 1 of the 9 lines of text, the one that I thought best summed up their business, and emphasized it.  I then explained to him that the goal is to make an impact in just a matter of seconds, as the person is walking over to sit on the bench.  He was thrilled with my layout and agreed that less is more.  Just remember, a happy customer is your best form of advertising.  The customer may not always be right, but they're always right!  I hope that makes sense.

after meeting with her and seeing her business card we came up with this....SHE is pretty adamant about all the info on there

post-1794-12986545798108_thumb.jpg

post-1794-12986545812019_thumb.jpg

Looks good IMO it is crowded but the customer is always right at least that is what one of the posters in my office says. What size magnet is it going on?  Like the addition of the paw prints.

Dan