Sign in to follow this  
sandisossamon

Stand or no stand

Does the desk top model do just as good as the stand model?  I have a computer table I thought about putting one on.  Do you think this would be just as good?  Thanks in advance !

sandi

My brother bought the one without the stand. He told me he should have bought the stand.He said the vinyl holder was hard to work with. That's all I have to offer. All of mine have stands,I can't imagine working without one. However,I run a full-time business. If all you are going to do is the occasional sticker,etcd..I suppose no stand would work ok.

Guest sciondrgn

When I bought mine I was orignally going to Get a Refine /w no Stand and I watched the acutiosn and got the PCUT /w Stand for just about the same price ;D I really enjoy having the stand it makes things so much easier to work with!  ;D

I'm guessing that the cutter has the same feed issues as a regular large-format plotter does. That being the case, a stand is essential to keep your sanity, unless using small pieces of media (and hoping your machine doesn't eat it because you mis fed it).

I work with HP plotters, and there is no way that I would allow myself or any of my employers to get a large-format without the right stand. It just makes life so much easier - because AutoCAD drawings being skewed on the media sucks badly, and print shops aren't willing to do a thing to help that.

I have a 24 pcut without a stand, and haven't had any feeding problems. I have the cutter setup on a folding table next to my comp desk. I just use the little material feeder that came with the cutter, seems to get the job done.

The one I just purchased (which is to show up here Monday) is with a stand.

I purchased a pcut without the stand.  It seems to work ok however it would fit in a narrower space with the stand, and I think it would be easier to workwith.