Sign in to follow this  
pastortommy

New LP-24 today

My LP-24 was delivered today. Cut my first set of contour decals tonight. This thing is easy to set up and operate. Of course it is not that much different that my MH-721. Hooked the LP up by serial cable, first thing I found was that you need to shut down any other interacting software before you start cutting (things like "messenger", "Skype", and synchronizing software, etc.). If you don't the cutter looses track and goes berserk. With all of the other stuff shut down the cutter buzzes right thru the cuts.

Contouring is a snap in SBE 6.0.21 

Yes- although there are a few extra steps in setting up the LP to contour cut pre-printed stuff, with the money you save over buying a unit with an optical eye, it works great for beginners or startups.

Commerical/ Production use would be better suited with a Roland or GraphTec.

My LP-24 was delivered today. Cut my first set of contour decals tonight. This thing is easy to set up and operate. Of course it is not that much different that my MH-721. Hooked the LP up by serial cable, first thing I found was that you need to shut down any other interacting software before you start cutting (things like "messenger", "Skype", and synchronizing software, etc.). If you don't the cutter looses track and goes berserk. With all of the other stuff shut down the cutter buzzes right thru the cuts.

Contouring is a snap in SBE 6.0.21 

Is this JUST for contour cutting? I cut all day long (not contour) with Skype running in the background.

BannerJohn,

If I get a skype call during the cut it sends the cutter into a wild spaz of cutting.

:-[

A good one to mention in the new bie manual.

To close all programs including those MS bugs like Messenger.

Paco

Ok this is good to know. Having something running and actually getting a call are two different things....but it's good to know you could be interrupted if someone calls.

I've been having issues but I think it's either buffer overrun or the USB connection....I tried to use a Belkin USB to DB9 but the male connector has posts and doesn't fit a female connector with posts. ;D

BannerJohn,

If I get a skype call during the cut it sends the cutter into a wild spaz of cutting.

:thumbsup:

I'm with Banner John, I run everything here, surf the net, download and burn discs, all while cutting.  I'm on cable internet, and cut on a Roland Camm-1 and have never had a problem.