Sign in to follow this  
bizzytop

Why roland so Expensive

I have a question, why are Roland printers and Cutters so expensive?  I mean i can see them asking those high prices back when they were one of the few companies making cutters, but with the quantity of new suppliers, how can they justify charging so much for a cutter?  The way i see it some of these chinese made cutters do the same job and are just as good as those roland cutters.  I just do not understand???  Are people really just paying for the name or what?

most of the products are made in china Korea japan Thailand or some other place nothing is made in the u.s.a. any more 

I imagine if you ever used one you would understand. Yes, they both do basically the same thing but it is like comparing a Lexus to a Kia. They both get you from point A to point B but one is still going to be getting you there long after the other in in the scrap heap. (no offense to Kia owners out there)

I think its a good price for what they are. I have had a few of them and they are expensive, but you can make your money back if you know how...Well worth it. Ask anyone that has a printer/cutter. expensive--YES...worth it---YES

Guest sciondrgn

I've had a PCUT for 2 years and just got my graphtec a few days ago.. it is Night and Day difference and the price justifies that..

Guest fivestar

I wore out 2 Refines in about 2 yrs.  They are good machines, but the longevity of them just aren't there like the "name brand" machines.  Also as others have said, you don't understand until you have one.

I bought a CoPam because I didn't want to invest more in something that I could lose interest in . I would still buy a Copam , but in comparison a friend of mine has a full time sign shop & has the Roland he bought 30 some years ago as his only cutter . It is & always has done a great job . It is like Jay said along with getting value during the time period . The Kia vs Lexus might not be a good example for what I'm thinking , but I have a Mazda Protege that gets 43 mpg ( ever since the check engine light came on 30,000 miles ago . Before then 36 mpg ) & my wife has a Town & Country mini van which gets 18 mpg . When we go to the farm I want to take the Mazda & she wants to take the van . Spending $40 in gas instead of $80 makes it worth the rougher ride & lack of bells & whistles . The Mazda also outperforms the minivan climbing the hills on rt# I-68 . Being able to buy 2 cutters & having 1 as a back-up seems a better decision than 1 deluxe model .

yea I have to agree...I have a Refine and Pcut plotters, both have their place and work but there is a difference between those and a Roland...I have the Roland Vp-540, it does about everything but sexual favors....I hear they are working on that now!

i have a foison cs24,an i bought cause i simply could afford 5/6 times the price,plus wasnt sure i'd get the hang of it,good machine but i fully intend on saving up now

all thanks for the replies, was just trying to justify the expense, i have a pcut and it has been great to me, i am looking on getting a 2nd machine and was trying to justify buying the roland over another pcut.  I see we have alot of happy roland owners.  Thanks again.

there is also alot of GRAPHTEC  owners on here also,   Just by looking at the machine , you will see the difference,  I wouldn't give up my Graphtec for 10 newer machines in the lower cagegory,  If you owned one. and used it the first day. you would see why..  I do have a first machine,  a Seiki which paid for it's self right away,,   My Graphtec  FC7000MK2-75  which paid for it's self right away also,  And has a Bullitproof warranty for 3 years.  

Guest fivestar

I'm both a GraphTec (cutter) and Roland (printer/cutter) happy user, they are both great machines, you won't go wrong with either one of them.

I run two Roland's here, I can't remember when I bought the first one, 18 or 20 years ago I think.  It has been the work horse for all those years and the only thing I've ever done to it, is replace blades.  I was thinking of buying a cheaper machine for back up, but when I saw a second hand Roland PNC-1100 advertised any thoughts of buying a cheap machine were well gone.  Anyone who runs either a Roland or Graphtec will tell you they are QUALITY machines, and they would not use anything else.

Joe