Sign in to follow this  
Guest manwayvan

Never Would have dreamed Tape Made so Much Difference

Guest manwayvan

Hey everyone I just recently purchased some RTape Clear Conform from signdesignsupplies.com and dear lord why have I been using anything else...I had a pretty good stock of free stuff from the abitape samples but recently ran out and I broke down and paid for tape and I was amazed at how much better rtape was..No curling corners to stick to other work and ruin it and easy to mask to vinyl..Just all around amazing..Im hooked.

yes rtape clear conform is very good. id recommend also getting some paper transfer tape if you plan on doing wet apps

I have bought tape from them as well...Main Tape PerfectTear.It is the best PAPER tape I have ever used. And I've used it all. I don't see any R Tape Clear on their website. Is it listed somewhere else besides under application tape?

I have bought tape from them as well...Main Tape PerfectTear.It is the best PAPER tape I have ever used. And I've used it all. I don't see any R Tape Clear on their website. Is it listed somewhere else besides under application tape?

I've been wondering about the main tape myself. I use R tape high tack now and i haven't had any issues though.

I love Main tape PerfectTear..it is everything they say it is,and more. The best part is, it is SO easy to remove once you squeegie. I honestly can't think of a bad thing about it. And I use about one 48" log every  month or so...also have tried every brand I could find.

Guest manwayvan

Hey banner john sorry for the slow response..It is not listed on his main site but if you shoot him an email he will hook you up...

Guest manwayvan

Hey banner john you are not too far from me How is business down in johnson city? I had a buddy move down there last month and I just recently got unemployed and thinkin of movin too

I agree with you also on the Main Tape perfect tear paper tape. ,, I used Conform Rtape 4050RLA  paper tape for several years, and thought it was great. Then won an auction on a roll of Main Perfect Tear plus paper tape..  I love it hands down, make working even easier., I am using up my Conform out of my supplies and keep ordering Main Perfect tear paper tape to replace it.

Actually jobs are VERY hard to find right now....especially if you are looking for something much over minimum wage.  As far as sign business....there are quite a few store front sign shops for sure.  :-

I bought some of the main tape from him this week...he sent 3 rolls and had another one drop-shipped from fellers. The roll from fellers was mashed on one side,making it hard to use. The box was ok, so it wasn't sdamaged in tranist..fellers shipped it that way. So ask teh guy if he has it in stock.

Hey banner john you are not too far from me How is business down in johnson city? I had a buddy move down there last month and I just recently got unemployed and thinkin of movin too

I am covered up all teh time but mostly from internet sales. I don't seek out local business but somehow they find me anyway.

It's a nice place to live but be prepared to spend a lot of time looking for a job. They are closing factories right and left here.

Guest manwayvan

Yah thats what my buddy was tellin me..He has had a rough time trying to locate employment also..I use to love runnin down to bottoms up in high school..Is that place still open?

I am looking for the best app-tape now that I have some experience with making decals.

I want customers to be able to see-through the app-tape, yet I need something with enough tack to grab vinyl decals off of my Oracal 651 backing paper. I've been peeling off the backing paper from decals lately and am having to fight for every jot and tittle. I press fairly hard when applying the app-tape but man it's been difficult lately to get the vinyl to stick to the app-tape.

Is this clear tape from MainTape pretty good? I think a dry application would be better for the decals I sell.

http://www.signwarehouse.com/AT-MANT-PVP-p-M-AP-GXF100-12.html

Thanks!

I have not used the Main clear,  I use Main perfect tear paper and it is awesome,  But I have alot of Conform clear that I had already bought,  so have not purchased any more yet.  but  Conform  RTape clear choice works really good

I am trying to find R-Tape Clear Choice AT75 'high tack' since AT60 is listed as medium tack (though US Cutters lists it as 'high tack').

Anyone used Clear Choice AT75 high-tack for application tape and how does it work with Oracal 651 or equivalent?