PaperBoy

Ive never been able to get this cutter to work....

when I try to cut a sample picture it states: "Sending output to cutter"  (unit in ONLINE mode)

the head moves to the far left and hits the red button and freezes up

My set-up:

windows xp

connected thru USB port

Cutter: USCUTTER LaserPoint

Output Device: Blazer.com4 - USB Serial port

Baud rate: 9600

data bits: 8

parity: none

stop bits:1

Flow control: hardware

signblazer software

any help? ;D

does it do this every time,no matter what size you are cutting?

Sounds like you have good communication, but the issue is the carriage hitting the safety kill switch.

Have you zero'd the x,y axis before you send it to cut?

The LPs start cutting from the right to left.

sounds like you are hitting the left kill switch. try this:

turn off your cutter and physically move the head to the far right hand side about 2" from the right kill switch.

turn on the cutter - your cutter will treat this location as the right origin.

check the design dimension and make sure it's 1" to 1 1/2" less than the maximum for you cutter, better still use a small design.

do a test cut - if the cutter still goes to the far left and stops again - then I would give Ken a call and get tech support.

if the cutter works fine then the problem is your original design is too big for the cutter - you need to break it up somehow

Lueman ,

Ken does not work for USCutter anymore  :police: . He has not given his phone # out ( yet ;D )  , but I think he could make a bunch of $ doing computer stuff via remote site . I know I would hire him to go over mine  ;D

Yeah, A good tech is more temperament than skill, but it good to have someone like Ken - both skilled & easy to get along with.

Unfortunately, I'm mostly skill, not easy to get along with, guess that's why I'm an embroiderer and not a tech.

Peace out

I think you didn't understand me or read more into what I said . i was humorously kidding about Ken doing a business via remote computer link since he does not work for USCutter anymore . Ken has never been tempermental even under the worst situations .

Yes that was my point he is easy to  work with. Pardon < I thxrive on irony and I was playing off of Ken's good temperment > forgive me Ken where ever you are!

I reckon she thought Ken still works for US Cutter,Rodger,because he seems to be on the forums more than the people who actually do. Understandable mistake.

Yeah , I figured the same thing & that is why I said Ken didn't work for them . I didn't understand his/her reply until a few minutes ago .. when I originally read temperament in the post .. I assumed negative  .. now I understand is was meant positive temperament . I assume negative when I hear temper ...even though it is a neutral description . I have a 10 month old Grandaughter & when I say she has a temper .... I am not meaning neutral  ;D .

.... I assume negative when I hear temper ...even though it is a neutral description . I have a 10 month old Grandaughter & when I say she has a temper .... I am not meaning neutral  :police: .

Wow ... I bet you can't wait until she hit puberty with attitude and all!  fight.gif

She is my 1rst grandkid .WOW melted my heart . She takes after my wife's side of the family .. they have the temper  :police:

Still waiting for the original poster to respond to some of the questions y'all had asked, which were good.