splash0321

Price to do shirts when customer supplies them

Have an order for 75-100 shirts. One color with full logo on back and a small logo on front left chest. He is supplying the shirts. What would your cost be?

Guest fivestar

I would get them done in plastisol and charge 'em around $6.50 per shirt.  You should be able to get 'em for around $1.50 to $2.00 I'd think for single color.

Guest fivestar

Yup.  I would if they brought them to me.

i  totally agree with five. remember, u still have to handle their merchandise, unfold, prepress, etc. ur just not purchasing them. i also informed them if i screw up a few, ur gonna be short a few if u don't have xtras, whereas, if i purchased them u wouldn't have any problems with ur qty. it really pisses me off when a customer wants to bring their own shirts. but i would only take a 1.00 or 2.00 off the price.

Guest fivestar

I personally have only used Ace Transfer Company, which are very fast for me but they are only a couple hrs away from me.  Their quality is excellent.

I use both Ace and Transfer Express, Transfer Express is by far faster I have waited almost 2 weeks for a single color design from Ace. Ace is cheaper most of the time. Both are excellent quality.

75-100 of them huh? I would take the job and send them out to be screen printed and up-charge from there. You can get a screen printer to do them for about $250 and still charge them $5 a shirt. You are just a middle man, do practically nothing and make $250 profit!

If you are using heat transfer vinyl you are nuts lol

Sub them out, no way would i do that many in heat transfer.

Welcome to working smarter not harder  ;)

I would charge 3-4 per shirt if there is a flash on both sides, 2.50 for a dark ink on a light tee.  These are screen printing prices.  Slipping in a couple $15.00 screen fees wouldn't hurt either.

Beware of people that supply their own shirts.  Did they inspect each one for spots or holes?  Very doubtful. That could come back on you.

Good luck...

This type of job is perfect for heat press plastisol. I use Versatrans and have tried samples from FM Expressions. Their SPOT formula is nice for 1 and 2 color. FM also has several sheet sixes to choose from. You could do the pocket design on one small sheet so you would not have to cut a ganged sheet apart.

Versatrans has 1 sheet size that is 11 x 17. There transfers are great.

I have a excellent screen printer who uses only customer supplied shirts, PM me if you need his info.