Sign in to follow this  
ms_sign

RIP Billy Mays

Jesus! Him and MJ both 4 years younger than me....makes you think.

Sorry to say but I enjoyed watching him more than Michael jackson.

Jesus! Him and MJ both 4 years younger than me....makes you think.

Sorry to say but I enjoyed watching him more than Michael jackson.

+ 1 on both statements

Over the years I've had a sarcastic tendency to ridicule his TV pitches. Then I started watching the show PITCHMEN and found his to be a likable personality.

I owned a concession biz for years,worked the fair circuit. I spent 10 days set up next to a pitch man. Boy was he good! Had people throwing money at him. It's an art and Billy was a master.

very sad about any person that dies before their time life is also so short for every one but some one that age it is tragic  banner john what part of the tri city's are you from ? I travel to Johnson city and greenville tn. quite a bit.

Dan

Yep I watched a couple of episodes of PITCHMEN - he did come across as a professional working hard to make an attention grabbing pitch within seconds on screen.  His style was unmistakable - and often irritating - but you got the message.  I was surprised by how the news of his passing saddened my wife and I.  I just watched the show where he worked with is Dad's invention of a suntanning-go-round and was directed by his son in a commercial for his brother-in-laws restaurant.  Three generations of Billy Mays.  Sad to think of their grief at his loss.  Our prayers go out to his family.

-Mike

very sad about any person that dies before their time life is also so short for every one but some one that age it is tragic  banner john what part of the tri city's are you from ? I travel to Johnson city and greenville tn. quite a bit.

Dan

I am in Johnson City..right in the center..not out in the sticks. If you can find Freedom Hall, you can find me.

Know exactly where it is i had a sisterinlaw in jc medical center till she passed away and got to know the area pretty well it is a nice town. Dan

Over the years I've had a sarcastic tendency to ridicule his TV pitches. Then I started watching the show PITCHMEN and found his to be a likable personality.

I felt and feel the same way he seemed like a awesome person after watching the series..RIP..

Know exactly where it is i had a sisterinlaw in jc medical center till she passed away and got to know the area pretty well it is a nice town. Dan

next time you are down this way, let me know.We'll have lunch at the Cottage.Best Burgers anywhere.

Oh,and sorry about your sister...I know JCMC all to well..they very nearly got me back in January. My Uncle was not so lucky.He checked in but didn't check out.

I am in Johnson City..right in the center..not out in the sticks. If you can find Freedom Hall, you can find me.

Is that anywhere near Volcano Pizza? Hey wait a minute I just realized they dropped the Johnson City location from the Indiana boxes, maybe you don't have one anymore?

RIP all that has passed this past week. Banner I am like you thay were both 4 years younger than me too.