If anyone is interested, I need some work done and I just don't have time right now.

I need 50 each  decals done.  50 done small for wing window size about 2 1/2"x3" and the other

50 done in a 3 1/4"x5"  All done in white. Anyone have time. I will pay with Paypal. Please

let me know or tell me where I can go to get them done.  Thanks :thumbsup:

I've already submitted my quote.

All I ask is you please get back to all of those the submitted a quote, so we don't just wonder.

Thanks!

She did pm me back saying she had found someone.......just a bit ago.  So I suppose people can quit sending quotes.

Thing about submitting quotes is alot of people look for the cheapest person but you cannot get quality and a cheap price at the same time  :thumbsup: and if you are, someones losing money.

I don't know, i guess some people don't care as long as the job can save them money and get done  :thumbsup:

Thing about submitting quotes is alot of people look for the cheapest person but you cannot get quality and a cheap price at the same time 

yes you can.

what you can NOT do is make a statement like that without knowing the details of the job.

Guest round2racing

+1 to BannerJohn.

sounded like sour grapes to me.

No offense to anyone here, but if you submit a reasonable quote around here, you are going to get undercut several times over.

Silly statement  :thumbsup: " you cannot get quality and a cheap price at the same time " IMO . I understand the intent that is " sometimes " true , but price has nothing to do with quality for an honest person ... Do it right or don't do it at all . What is the quality difference ( especially in a 1 color decal ) between the best & worst ? In my opinion... either it is good enough to use or it isn't . I would rather get paid more for anything I do to make money, but in reality .. supply & demand sets the prices . In the Washington , DC - Baltimore , Md area ( which stays busy & is a highly profitable area ) prices on everything is dripping .

I do quality work, and I have cheap prices and I undercut those becaues I haven't been very busy this week....and I still didn't get the job LOL.

Quality to price comparison is directly proportional to amount of food in the cupboard.

Lots of Food, May not have to do the job cheap. But If I am lookin' at eat SPAM for the next two weeks, that price may come down.

I will still do the same quality work, but for a little less money to simply get the work, and maybe upgrade to Hotdogs.

Kevin

No offense to anyone here, but if you submit a reasonable quote around here, you are going to get undercut several times over.

reasoble to whom? What is reasonable in one area might be too hgh or too low in another. Actually, the only two people who it needs to be reasonable to are the buyer and seller.And... in this case, it's not undercutting unless everyone knows everyone else's bid. It's just business.

reasoble to whom? What is reasonable in one area might be too hgh or too low in another. Actually, the only two people who it needs to be reasonable to are the buyer and seller.And... in this case, it's not undercutting unless everyone knows everyone else's bid. It's just business.

:thumbsup: Well said.....I bid what it was worth to me, if they find someone else then great.

I will say though, posting for work on a sign forum, and trying to get work on a sign forum....you know there is going to be some stiff competition.

Guest round2racing

Zim,

I bid a van this week for an HVAC guy.  He supplied me with scan of his business card and wanted it to look exactly the same.

I did the design by hand and sent it to him in .pdf form.

I quoted him $130.00 for two 2'x5' windows and one 4'x5' window.

He shot me down because I charged time for the design, then told me that he decided to go with someone who could ink print it.

Yep.....competing with that can be hard.  I will say this though, I just redid all the company I work for's decals in 751 for the fleet, because all the printed/laminated stuff they had done 3 years ago looks like crap and is coming off, and it wasn't contour cut so all the clear extra that was stuck to the vehicles really really REALLY looked bad.  I am NOT saying this is how all printed vinyl is....I'm sure its not, and I don't know what all goes into making one really last besides that it has to be laminated, and I know that some of them are contour cut, all I know is I made my customer darn happy using 751 and I bet the vinyl outlasts what most of the vehicles will stay in the fleet for.

I'm not totally knocking printing on vinyl,(as I wouldn't mind having one) but have heard and even seen where it lasts for UP TO 3 years, you can try using frog juice, etc to help it last.

I can't stand driving around where people have put printed decals on their vehicles and then it's pure white....NO color even left or quite faded.

Well they say with lamination and everything it would last for 10 years....and I have seen some really high quality wraps that look good for a good long period of time, like I said I have seen the low end of what happens, I haven't seen the high end of what happens.....maybe this should be a new thread I should start somewhere just to see some success stories with printed vinyl, might up my respect for it alot.

Anyways we are beating a dead horse here, and I think I have helped hijack this thread enough already, so i am going to start a new one.

:thumbsup: Well said.....I bid what it was worth to me, if they find someone else then great.

I will say though, posting for work on a sign forum, and trying to get work on a sign forum....you know there is going to be some stiff competition.

Thats just it, there are tons of people on here, including the lurkers that will underbid anyone to get the job, simply because they have no overhead and are willing to work for $5-10/hour, if they are making that much.  And there are plenty who will say "Give me your lowest bid and Ill beat it".

Good for them, but it's going to bite everyone in the ass eventually.

Yeah, but I'm not exactly expecting my business to come from a sign forum........its like putting a hot dog stand in a restaurant, and complaining that the other guy is taking your business LOL.

I just wanted everyone to know, that I didn't pick the cheapest ! I picked the one that I thought would do a great job, that I have seen work from.