newmoon

Some of My Work

This is a project I did a while ago. This is a combination of paint, paint mask and hand lettering,as well as some vinyl. the substrate is 3/4 mdo board. I sealed the edges to make it last longer outdoors. The base paint is oil enamel that was custom mixed for the red color that the customer requested. The pictures dont show the final finished product as it was actually a two panel that faced two different ways.

New Moon Graphics

Very good job! I always like to see the final product in place.

Guest kenya

Wonderful job new moon !!  :thumbsup:

Did you use MDF? If so does that last long outside even with painting?

Chuck

No, I used MDO Board. MDF is different, it wont last out doors. MDF is fiber board. MDO is a type of plywood that is used alot for sign making, but its not pressure treated. you have to seal the edges with a type of water proof compound. I use a wood putty made by Bondo they are the same company that makes auto body filler, it works real well to seal the edges with. MDO is just what i got used to using, I'm sure there are others out there that would work just as good, But I wouldn't recommend MDF for outdoor use.

New Moon Graphics

are the lettering vinyl 2 layer? dan

The Lettering is 2 layers of vinyl.

New Moon Graphics

What type of paint did you use?

I used a custom mixed oil based enamel, the customer gave me a paint chip and i took that to the local hardware store and had them mix me up some oil enamel. First i rolled on 2 coats of primer, then i rolled on 2 coats of base color with a foam roller.

New Moon Graphics

Did you use MDF? If so does that last long outside even with painting?

Chuck

No, I used MDO Board. MDF is different, it wont last out doors. MDF is fiber board. MDO is a type of plywood that is used alot for sign making, but its not pressure treated. you have to seal the edges with a type of water proof compound. I use a wood putty made by Bondo they are the same company that makes auto body filler, it works real well to seal the edges with. MDO is just what i got used to using, I'm sure there are others out there that would work just as good, But I wouldn't recommend MDF for outdoor use.

Newmoon,

I don't mean to be nosy but I received my cutter a few weeks ago and want to get started soon and my question is what did you charge for that job?  It really turned out nice. :o

New Moon Graphics

That Job complete install included was about $500.00

But it all depends on your area, some get more, some get less.

New Moon Graphics

Thanks,Newmoom for the information and also for letting others know what type of board you used as well how you sealed the edges.  Hopefully, I will be cutting lettering and designs soon. ;D