bowhunter012004

dog wont stop barking!

My girl moved in with me, and brought her dog with, well the dog sits in the living room and barks when my girl is not home.  If I put the bastard outside he barks there too.  Im trying to get some sleep but he wont stop barking!  Wtf can I do?  Obviously the shithead doesn't like me.

I wouldn't like you either if you called me a Bastard and a shithead.

BUt he might get used to you,so give it some time.And think of what you are getting just for putting up with a barking dog.

Dogs have personalities just like we do and they bark for a reason,not just to be barking.

Guest stunad, jr.

Imagine how the neighbors feel

:thumbsup:

Tell you girlfriend that she needs to exercise her dog before she leaves the house, and that the there have been complaints (even if it's only complaining so far).

or tell her to buy a Cesar Milan video  :thumbsup:

bark control collar! - only use on problem dogs.  we used one for 2 days and modified the behavior

Play with him, training, treats, give him some attention - It took time for your girlfriend to warm up to you, it's gonna take the dog to do the same. :) Take him on a date to the dog park...  :thumbsup: It's going to take a little time for him to adjust.

When our dog when he was a pup use to bite and nip at us all the time, he was nasty little shit. We didn't beat him, use any abusive means to train him. But we did train him, yea, we had a guy come over and show us the correct way to train. Best $100 I ever spent. Within the first hour this dog was sitting, coming when he was called, really amazing. Now he's one of  the greatest dog I've had, loves people, loves to run, play all the time. Best of all, he listens. Now he just barks when he thinks someone is outside. Next to the spouse, he's my best friend. Even she wonders about that... :thumbsup:

I wouldn't like you either if you called me a Bastard and a shithead.
  ;):D

Sorry, disagree with Dakota, not a fan of the collar...

How long has your gf and her dog been with you?  Depending on the age of the dog, I know it takes some time for them to adjust to a new situation.

I'm sure in no time, the dog will come around to you....have patience.  I know that can be easier said then done.  But you may be pleasantly surprised.

The dog is 15 yrs old.  It doesnt like to exercise. 

Idk, I guess ear plugs are on my list of shit to get at the store, to drown out the dog and the girl haha, two birds with one stone  :thumbsup:

If the dog is 15 years old, you won't have that much longer to worry about it. That is 105 years old in human terms...at which age I would be barking too if I was able and certainly would have earned the right. Always be kind to the elderly.

Guest round2racing

Please don't use the bark control collar.

If you decide to, please put it around your neck and hit it once.

Then decide if you want to put it on your dog.

Have you tried a spray bottle?  Set it to stream and everytime he barks, squirt him in the nose area.

He should get the hint after a few days.

Ahhhhh 15, well he is getting up there in age. 

lol about the ear plugs.......you just might want to get a few spare pairs!  :thumbsup:

The collar we used is a graduated trainer - it beeps first then waits and gives a mild shock and works it way up over 12 levels until compliance.  He does not get a hard shock in the beginning and it resets to after a couple of minutes to start with the beep again.  I agree with the playing first and all other alternative methoeds but if it is a stuborn dog in the end the collar works. granted the sport dog bark collar cost much more than a cheaper model but it uses the least amount of correction nessecery to gain compliance.

Guest round2racing

Sorry Dakota,

the only ones I knew of delivered a shock, not just a "buzz".

That one sounds much better!!!

what it sounds like is called separation anxiety also play ball with him and also get a ball with a whole in the bottom of it and put a treat or some thing in it to make him use his time wisely and also put peanut butter in there also to make him even spend more time tyring to get it out and play with him also alot more  as i am a dog trainer professionally

peanut butter in there also to make him even spend more time tyring to get it out

My dog loves peanut butter. My wife bought him one of those toys you put it in, he loves it. I though it would end up all over the rug, boy was I wrong.  :thumbsup:

I have a neighbor to the north and one to the south that n=both have annoying barking dogs. The one to the north, barks incessantly whenever the neighbor leaves the house, until they return. the one to south barks every time a leaf falls in the yard, or when we come out on the deck. It's annoying as crap. Can't even enjoy my deck because of it. Then at night the stupid on e to the north goes off on barking tantrums at all hours. Just makes ya wanna shoot them.

I have mentioned it to both neighbors and nothing has changed. But I am not the type to call the police on them. I am thinking paint ball gun... LOL

Then when they ask why there are 13 orange dots on their dog, I say, "that;s how many times I had to get up last night to tell your dog to shut the hell up!"

Rant Finished.

Kevin

I have a neighbor to the north and one to the south that n=both have annoying barking dogs. The one to the north, barks incessantly whenever the neighbor leaves the house, until they return. the one to south barks every time a leaf falls in the yard, or when we come out on the deck. It's annoying as crap. Can't even enjoy my deck because of it. Then at night the stupid on e to the north goes off on barking tantrums at all hours. Just makes ya wanna shoot them.

I have mentioned it to both neighbors and nothing has changed. But I am not the type to call the police on them. I am thinking paint ball gun... LOL

Then when they ask why there are 13 orange dots on their dog, I say, "that;s how many times I had to get up last night to tell your dog to shut the hell up!"

Rant Finished.

Kevin

I have a dog like that next house down from mine. I can't enjoy my deck either. However, I AM the type to call Animal control. It costs them $50 every time I do. LIfe is sweet sometimes.

The neighbor tot he north I like so I would deal with them more directly, the one tot he south I can't stand. (neighbors from hell) But it doesn't do any good around here to call animal control. Had a guy down the street that would turn his full size boxer loose in the neighborhood,at all hours to go to the bathroom. and it would run the neighborhood and whenever kids were around it would posture and growl. We called the law several times and they warned him repeatedly. My daughter has been bitten by 2 dogs over the years and is terrified of strays. He kept ignoring it, and everyone in the neighborhood kept calling but nothing got done.

Problem got solved yesterday by the UPS guy. Dog was running loose. UPS truck ran over it. Guess the guy should of listened.

kevin

Mr Peabody yea they make all kinds of gadgets for dogs to play with and occupy there time  also to the ones that have a problem with the barking dogs tell the neighbor to get a bark caller it is every time the dog barks it shocks them a very low shock unless you turn it up

to the  boxer that runs lose and if he or she ever bites some one well can we say law suit and also if he or she growls at me i feel sorry for him or her he or she wont bite no more there is a trick to stop that biting some one if you are the one that is getting bit

i train dogs police dogs narc explosive tracking trailing search n rescue protection level 1/2/3  and basic and advance obedience i enjoy the hell out of it and yes i get bit at times when i don't do the things i was taught for protection IE wear a bite sleeve or bite suit 

Problem got solved yesterday by the UPS guy. Dog was running loose. UPS truck ran over it. Guess the guy should of listened.

What can Brown do for you?  :thumbsup:

Jon

Guest stunad, jr.

What can Brown do for you?  :thumbsup:

Jon

:thumbsup:

Hm ... a kong toy stuff with treats (http://www.dog.com/item/kong-original-red-tuffy/)

or a non-shocking bark collar (http://www.dog.com/item/petsafe-ultralight-bark-control-collar/)

I personally have a barker ... didn't take very long for everyone to identify my house as, "the dog that barks in the window." Anyway, when it gets to be too much, I strap on the bark collar (as listed above) and it emits a brief high-pitch sounds which stops her barking cold. Now she's trained that when is wearing that particular collar she doesn't bark.

I've also tried a Pet-Agree (http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Agree/dp/B0009YUDVI). It stops some dogs from barking.

I don't recommend the collars that spray citronella, as the oil it sprays will remain on the dog well after the initial spray. That's not the most effective way to train them.

my dog only barks when someone comes into my yard,and ONLY when he is inside the house. He never barks when outside.

When he barks I just tell him to shut up and he does. Most of the time.