Sign in to follow this  
stickygrafix

Crownline boat

Here is the before and after picture. This was a 24 ft. long Crownline and we had to remove all the old vinyl and install the new. It was a blast and can't wait to do another job like this. (hopefully my idiot business partner learns how to price quote people in the future!!!!)

top is the old job, below is the job we did:

[attachment deleted by admin]

thanks! Like I said, my business partner needs to learn how to price quote people though. It took us about 3 hrs. removal time, about 2 hrs install time, I used up an entire roll of red, white, and gold (because the mh721 kept cutting across the image) and he only charged $300 for the entire job!

nice boat. tell us about the install. wet? dry? hinge application?  keep up the great work.  dt

ok, what we did was cut all the colors and laid them out on our table arranging them exactly how we wanted them on the boat. then we taped all the layers together as best as possible to make sure they layers didn't shift too bad and we did the center hinge method! This is the only method I use and I use it on ALL decals bigger than like 3" squared. It worked out really well and we didn't really have too bad of bubbles. (of course with just about all dry installs you have some bubbles but most will disappear in a couple of days). The customer told us he would have it in the water on a friday so we had him drop it off that tuesday at 9 am. and we had it done around 5 or 6 that day. He picked it up around 8 pm and was absolutely in LOVE with it. Only issue we had with it was it was like 96 degrees out so we would set up our tents on the side we weren't installing on while we removed vinyl on the hot sunny side. Also, the husband told us not to put the pinstripe back on but after it was done the wife wanted it put back on so we'll be adding the pinstripe after they return from their trip.

Still concerned with the cutting across the image thing. How many times did it take? Have we tried all troubleshooting?

The new job is much nicer than the old.

:)

Guest Terry

Real nice job. About the cross cut... did it cut or leave a scratch line? unroll the amount of vinyl you need and cut it off of the roll, install in cutter and let it lay out across the floor as it feeds in. When it comes out the front after cut, hold it down lightly against the cutter so the blade does not touch the vinyl when traveling across. also try raising the blade up a bit then tighten it back in, the blade might be to low. Besure in your cutting software it does not show a cross cut. Sometimes the roll is not round, and besure the rollers it sits in roll even, if it wobbles up and down the blade will touch when it crosses the graphic, same if blade is not adjusted to correct distance.

Great job, Terry