Hi. Left a voice message for support.  Here's my problem with our MH721 .... was getting lines across my graphic. After thinking pressure settings were off, blade was too far out, etc.,etc., finally figured out that the blade is not raising up off the vinyls it glides through the cutting process. NEED HELP !!!

Just an update. This is definitely a hardware problem.  The blade holder just simply stays down against the vinyl and does not move up off it. Even when I turn the machine off, then back on, it drags across the vinyl.  When I do the test where you push the origin button, it USED to move up and down so I could tell it was working properly.  Now it does nothing.

Is the ground wire connected? Is it in a carpeted area? Is it pulling from a tight roll of vinyl? Is it hot or humid in the room the cutter is in? I had a customer send his cutter in with the same issue, but when I tested it on my tech bench, there was no issue. We need to make sure that the surroundings are not affecting the carriage arm. Worst case scenario: it could be a part having issues.

Is the ground wire connected? Is it in a carpeted area? Is it pulling from a tight roll of vinyl? Is it hot or humid in the room the cutter is in? I had a customer send his cutter in with the same issue, but when I tested it on my tech bench, there was no issue. We need to make sure that the surroundings are not affecting the carriage arm. Worst case scenario: it could be a part having issues.

Ground wire :) Not sure what that is.  Carpeted area?  yes, very short. No to the tight roll, no to the hot or humid.  This problem started suddenly.  As I mentioned, even when doing that "test" by pressing the "origin" button, it clicks, but does not move up and down.

There was a ground wire that came in your box of cables, blades, software etc. It need to be connected to the bottom of the cutter, and the other end to the stand. It keeps static electricity away from the cutter which affects the carriage arm because it is controlled magnetically.

There was a ground wire that came in your box of cables, blades, software etc. It need to be connected to the bottom of the cutter, and the other end to the stand. It keeps static electricity away from the cutter which affects the carriage arm because it is controlled magnetically.

I have my doubts that this is the problem ..BUT.,..willing to try.  Found the grounding wire.  There was no mention of this in the setup instructions, so it was never put on, and we have never had problems.  How / where do I connect this ... from what to what.

If you look at the bottom of the cutter, you should see where it connects, then the other end connects to the stand, just loosen one of the screws on the stand. If connecting the ground wire does not help, I would move the cutter to another room and see if it is still happening, and worst case scenario- we may need to replace a part.

:)

:) Well i just got my 12 inch cutter and the blade does not raise up or down, and i seen some of the other issues with that to but my stand is a wooden stand so there is no place to ground it, and yes there is carpet, any suggestions i have no other place to put it, please help, it will cut a test page but blade dont raise or lower :)

im not sure what to replace but im kinda frustrated that it didnt work when i just got it and am getting NO tech help, but the carrage is only 25 buck to replace if that is the problem,

Just a long shot, but remave the cover from the carriage and the top cover of the cutter and see if the two wires that go from the carriage to the small curcuit board are not broken .

Bigmac

bigmac i dont want to void the warrenty by messing with takeing it appart until i get writen ok from uscutter and the way things are going for them to respond to me with my problems i might just send it back, but thanks anyways..

you might have waited until after the HOLIDAY when someone will be there to answer you before you filed a dispute resolution.

well banner this has been ongoing problem so when they say a 24 hour service support then i would gather someone would be around, or atleast someone on here whould have a idea but no luck and time is runing out to just throw away my 30 day  100% satisfactory refund.

your first post (unless you posted somewhere else) was Friday,after business hours. This is a holiday weekend. US cutter isn't Dell, as far as I know they have one guy (Ken) doing tech support. This is one guy MORE than the other sellers on ebay have. I've seen Ken post answers after hours and on weekends before but it could be he is taking a well-deserved rest. A little patience would be in order,and a search of the boards too. This problem has surfaced before and others have found solutions.

I don't see that you posted whether you grounded it. You don't have to have a metal stand,you can ground it to anything metal.

Wosrt case,if the carriage is bad,they will send you a new one. Dispute resolution should be a LAST resort and you jumped on it too fast.... Not that it will do any good. Ebay and paypal get their money from Sellers not buyers so guess who gets the most attention?

Ken will sort this out for you,count on it.

Well banner I have looked in all forums and it says nothing about what the solution is to fixing a carrage blade holder problem and im not about to take things apart to try and fix it without a letter from uscutter stating for me to do so.. because when you start doing that it voids the warranty right away, so to get there attention and resolve this problem or at least try to before the 30 days are up then yes a resolution center is the best way to go, Im just stating that i do not want to be stuck with a machine that just sits for yard art, I didnt pay for a broken cutter, so hopefull you are right and they will send me a part to fix it or replace the cutter with a new one,  thanks banner

Just a long shot, but remave the cover from the carriage and the top cover of the cutter and see if the two wires that go from the carriage to the small curcuit board are not broken .

Bigmac

I wouldnt worry about voiding the warranty... Just see if they are not broken, there is nothing that you can mess up here...  I even think that US cutter wouldnt mind you doing some simple troubleshooting like that...

Ryan's cutter is working now. Seems that a wire was loose due to shipping, and by removing the right side case and bumping a few wires, it now moves up and down as it should. Sorry for any delay in response, I was out of town for Labor Day.

Thanks again ken, sorry you had to come back to work to see me writeing all this on here.. Thank you for the help,

i also found wires off The small board the wires attach to was never mounted to unit so it flopped around inside till they broke off.hopefully i will be able to solder them on correctly. have ordered a new carriage for 25 bucks not a bad idea to keep a spare anyway. this little machine does a better job cutting than our 54 in roland not as fast and a lot noisier but for auto decals.small sign jobs  etc it does a great job