Uncle Remus

Epson 1900 Printer

I am thinking about purchasing one. Anyone on here have one & do you like it. Or is there a better option? I will be printing on vinyl & canvas like material, for decals & wall art. So some will be inside & some outside, what about the inks & laminating? thinking frog juice for laminating

You mean to tell me that with all the talented folks on this site, no-one has an opinion on this printer?

Then what do you use & do you like it?

I know there was some talk about it on t-shirtforums.com

I have an epson RX595 and its the best printer I have ever used hands down. The R1900 looks really nice too, but I want to know if someone makes one that will work with 15" wide media?

I think some of them use the roland versacamm. Wish I had one.

:thumbsup:

Don't know much about this epson or i would help you out. Sorry

I have a designjet 500, it prints up to 24" wide, it is a great printer, and yes I use frog juice, it is great stuff, I ordered a case of it today

I have a designjet 500, it prints up to 24" wide, it is a great printer, and yes I use frog juice, it is great stuff, I ordered a case of it today

What type ink are using and how long of a outdoor life?

it is dye ink, and I haven't had it long enough to give you a good answer, but the frog juice, seals it, weather proofs it, and provides a UV protection.

D

I bought refillable cartridges off of ebay, and a half gallon of bulk ink, 4 - 16 ounce bottles, one of each color.  Spent about sixty bucks, less than a set of hp cartridges would have cost.

I do the same thing with my RX595. I added a CSS Ink system, and use Frog Juice to seal my work.

I am thinking about purchasing one. Anyone on here have one & do you like it. Or is there a better option? I will be printing on vinyl & canvas like material, for decals & wall art. So some will be inside & some outside, what about the inks & laminating? thinking frog juice for laminating

I use a epson c88 with durabrite inks for printing photos on tees.I am gonna use it for sub inks in a week or so..LOVE MY EPSON C88...

I have an Epson R2400 and it is a great printer for photographic work and the size is good also @ 13" wide. Although it is a great printer, it is not really meant for doing banners and long term outdoor work. Yes it can be done, but the inks are not as durable as a solvent or eco-solvent inks. Yes using frog juice or a heat laminate will help protect it.

I also have a Roland VersaCamm 54" and is is great Long term outdoor use on unlimited types of material but each printer has it's use and if you get the Epson thinking you can do anything on it, you might come away disappointed if your use is going to for outdoor type stuff. I do not believe Epson even sells any kind of banner type material but Aqueous materials can be bought through other suppliers, good luck finding 13" wide material though.

I use a Epson R-1900 Pigment ink Kolor Krome 2. It works very good......I print on AVERY Inkjet film from FELLERS.....It will print 13" x 44" I print let it outgas, and then FROG JUICE it.............3 light coats and a final wet coat let it dry and use it have had very good work with it and its only a 1000 dollars........which is cheap to get into

the digital print bussiness........I use it alot .... Ink is not bad about 17.00 per cartrige

(change as you need) and it comes with a full set...(Not Demo carts) and with UV Overlay or Frog juice.......prints will last 4-5 years.......and I see alot of the big printers fade just as soon or sooner........... Billboards......Fade in a year here in Florida.....so when I get 4-5 years here in Fla.  Its good.........

I use  Epson 1400. 13 inches wide and awesome quality. You can get an constant ink supply on ebay for 69.99. there are cheaper ink supply kits but this one acutually works. It comes with ink equal to 10 cartridges and the quality of the ink is equal to what comes with the printer. Ink cartridges automatically reset! I am extremely happy with it and the savings on ink. I use it for tshirt transfers and stickers. Good luck.

Guest sciondrgn

I just picked up the 1100 workforce.. Didnt want the 1400 since it used the claria dye based inks. I still need to pick up some printable vinyl and some sealant

I just picked up the 1100 workforce.. Didnt want the 1400 since it used the claria dye based inks. I still need to pick up some printable vinyl and some sealant

I had mentioned the 1100 in an earlier post, can you elaborate more on the Inks and what you will be able to do with the 1100 and it's inks please?

I was gonna buy it a week or two ago but really wasn't sure what or if it would be useful for vinyl work, signs or t shirts.

Thanks.

Guest sciondrgn

A while back I had did some testing on some t-shirts,

I have my Epson RX600 Which is Dye based ink and I purchased a C120 or 30 I cant remember which used the DuraBrite Ink which is pigment. After printing some transfers and putting them on shirts the Dye Based ink faded/blurred out just after the first wash and the pigment based held up fine. 

The only difference I can tell from the 1100/1400 series is the inks that come in it and besides the design difference.. They both have the same resolution DPI print and same size 13x44 max print size. The 1100 though runs the Durabrite Pigment where the 1400 uses Claria inks which to my understanding is Dye based. For Decals Im sure either is fine because you would spray the top coat, (Frog Juice, Pappillio UV Spray) on top but for tshirts the 1100 with the pigment ink would seem to work better and outlast the dye based. Just based on what I tested in the past with my previous epson printers.

I also tested printing with my Color Laser which yielded really good results but my color laser does not have the best resolution quality in its prints.. It was a cheap deal I got and it works ok

My R-1900 uses pigment ink.......as for my avery inkjet vinyl I get from Fellers.......

I get 36" x 40 ft and cut it cross ways....13" x 36" and its a good size for Decals,Tags,and alot of sign applactions.... I frogjuice with 3 coats, and sometimes overlay with clear uv vinyl......been useing a year now.......no proplems

I like the 1900 but the true test is with the Ink you use... Getting feedback on what ink system to use is key, members here have great feedback, as you can see.

I like the 1900 but the true test is with the Ink you use...

Your right........and even One Shot lettering paint (Heavy Pigment) will fade in 3-4 years........and you may want to look at 3-4 year old vinyl.....may be surprised....

I have had best fade hole out with Oracal but I use avery and universal and it all fades here in Florida.....