Sign in to follow this  
buddy

Instead of Pet Peeves - What are some of your Blessings?

So many people are quick in talking about negative things in life and the discomforts they face when in fact they live in a country that is filled with potential (though we are economically challenged at the moment) it is only for a season.

So this is why I decided to start this thread to BANISH the negative thread about Pet Peeves (we all have them but we don't have to let them consum us.)

For this week why not focus on the POSITIVES -

We have Homes to keep us safe from earths elements (if you have a cutter you have a home) LOL

Running water to keep us clean

Grocery Stores to sell us food so we can eat (they may be raising the cost of bread but at least we have it)

Schools with Teachers to help our children (so what if they aren't that great, at least we have them)

Church's to worship at (so what if you don't believe at least we have the choice)

Care to add?

Have a VERY BLESSED day and remember, if you Speak Encouraging words and Think Encouraging thoughts...You will LIVE and Encouraging LIFE!

Dazzel

Thanks Dazzel, a positive thread is definitely good to!  :thumbsup:

I'm VERY thankful to some of dear friends I've met here....they are encouraging in my vinyl business, which has allowed us to make great strides.

I have friends here that make me laugh, especially when I need a good laugh.

I met BannerJohn last week, (well hubby and I did and 2 of our children) what a great guy!  (Thanks John for making us all feel welcome)

Nonabelle, John & Rodger have been a great support group for me, they make me laugh and when they want to, can whip me into reality....lmao. (They were the first 3 I thought of, because they don't let me forget it...lmao...jk) MMM has also been a great shoulder for me to lean on...thanks girl!

I mean I could go on and on about those here, that are like family!

My family is healthy & currently my kids aren't arguing with each other!

Hubby still has a job...but will be moving in March or April though.

Have 3 great dogs that mean the world to me.

My mom is still with us and healthy

When you stop to think of all the things we DO have, instead of what we don't.....there is alot to be thankful for.

Im sexy  :thumbsup:

ROFLMAO.................and this is another reason I love Joe!! He just makes my day!  :huh:

Guest gracewriter

Im sexy  ;D

:huh: ??? :D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm grateful for a place to come and laugh when life is beating the crap out of me.

I am happy to be alive,and grateful for every day I have.

Guest gracewriter

I'm grateful you're alive too, John.

I'm grateful for my family and my husband and his family. The baby I have on the way. My dog. My job. My new hobby (vinyl). My gas fireplace(it's flippin' cold out!). And I'm grateful for this forum and all the helpful people on it.

I've had a stroke and a heart attack.That's 2 times I dodged the bullet. I don't expect a third chance,so I REALLY appreciate all the time I have.

Stuff like that really does make you stop and think about what is really important.

I too amthankful for the people I have come to know here on the Forum and am VERY grateful you guys/gals didn't give up on me when I was CLUELESS in the Vinyl business...still clueless but less of it  :thumbsup:  I pray to get to know you guys better as time allows!

Banner...SO GLAD to see you here, and if there is a third...you will pull through that too!

MUAH all around

Dazzel

My wife....she supports me in everything I do....without her I am not even a fraction of what I can be with her!

My wife....she supports me in everything I do....without her I am not even a fraction of what I can be with her!

Totally cool that you feel that way and share it with us...THANKS!

Thorsfoundry...I too am GLAD your wifes attempt FAILED...could only mean one thing...there is a greater purpose for her here!  :D

Dazzel

that me and my family are saved. that we have our health and our home.

that me and my family are saved. that we have our health and our home.

AMEN!  :D

Nice Thread Dazel  :D

Thanks Roger, just thought we needed more Positives rather than Negatives ESPECIALLY in these times of recession!

Dazzel

Yes Dazel , I agree .  :D

Well, my cancer is now gone, and it seems it did not spread! Woot!

Life is my blessing.

:D

Life is my blessing.

Ken that is WONDERFUL news!!! I'm very glad to hear this and I'm sure you are on cloud 9 with that report.

Indeed.

Perhaps I should take alot less for granted now....I am one lucky turd.

Life is my blessing.

That IS a blessing. I bet that was a difficult wait to endure, Congrats!!!

Life is my blessing.

That IS a blessing. I bet that was a difficult wait to endure, Congrats!!!

Yea, well they had already taken my kidney out and when I spoke with the doctor for a check up last week, he confirmed it, in fact, was cancer. So their hunch was right, and I am pleased.

Just need to go back for more blood work and another CT in a few months to make sure the crap does not pop up elsewhere.

Just think positive!! The good news is when it is contained (in this case in the kidney) the results are usually good. You are too young and have a boy to see grow.....with lots of prayers you will put this all behind you. Besides you have your hands full with all us dysfunctional "kids".  :D

Ken...PRAISE GOD!  That is awsome news my friend! I don't care what ANY unbeliever says...PRAYER WORKS!!!!! You are healed for you have many journeys to go on still..as you say, don't take life for granted. This is GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dazzel