Sign in to follow this  
nbeaton

Just thought I would share this about seat belts

our friends next door lost their 6 year old girl yesterday in a car wreck. She was not wearing a seat belt. She was with her Aunt in a minivan. The wind was blowing hard here in Texas and she was coming down by the lake and the wind pushed her off the road. It took her 200 yards and thats when she over corrected and the van rolled 3 or 4 times.

I am asking if you all would say a prayer for the family. She was such a sweet little girl and I will miss her dearly. She was my yard sale buddy and she would help me water my trees.

Thank you all

Nancy

I'm sorry for your loss, not much else can be said as nothing will help. Just wanted to let you know the family will be in our prayers

Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear this!  :'( 

We NEVER put the any of our vehicles in drive unless everyone has their seat belts on....now we don't have to wait long, the kids know immediately their belts go on.

I'll be keeping them in my thoughts.  Did the Aunt survive?

It's such a shame to hear about things as tragic as this, especially when it is so easy to wear our seatbelts.

My thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I am with Jenny there, not moving till seat belts are on. My son is 13 and I still have to remind him now and again to put it on. My prayers are with her family!

Christi

Everyone servived but the 6 year old she was half way out of the window and under the top of the van. It landed on the drivers side.

Everyone servived but the 6 year old she was half way out of the window and under the top of the van. It landed on the drivers side.

OMG how horrible for those that survived to know that precious little girl has passed away.......It's a federal law that children under a certain age are seat belted and under X amount of inches in a booster seat!  I'm still saddened.

... We NEVER put the any of our vehicles in drive unless everyone has their seat belts on....now we don't have to wait long, the kids know immediately their belts go on.

ditto. I am so sorry to hear about that loss. How tragic the circumstance.  :'(

When it comes to kids I need to drive around, I always think that "Murphy" will catch up with me and there never take chances with kids not wearing seat belts. Even if it takes the little ones forever to buckle up.

So sorry to hear about you loss my thoughts are with you and your family xx

Thank you all very much. We still don't know if the aunt will be charged. Yes it is sad and to think that you had 2 other sisters in that van and had to see their little sister that way.

Its  senseless....:o A child  that young relies on the parents or adults to take care of them. we recently had a terrible wreck here except the mother was drunk and driving too fast on a country road. she lost control and her vehicle went over a small bridge and into a ravine. the little girl was 2 and died instantly. the mother got out of the vehicle climbed up the embankment and sat with a man who saw her wreck on the bridge perched on the guard rail, she was calling for her daughter and managed to tumble off the guard rail back down into the ravine. My oldest son was the paramedic in charge and my youngest son was a fireman on the scene. My youngest son is 19 and this still haunts him, my oldest son was upset but he can better deal with these kind of tragedy's. He goes home, cries, hugs his daughter who is 18 months old and his wife and lets it all go. Starts all over. some people can do that and some cant. It's especially hard when it involves a child.

The mother was flown out and died a day later, she had severe internal injuries. I will not go into detail on what everyones opinion was of this woman, it wasnt good!

Renee

Renee,  that's horrible.  I'm sure 2 of your sons see more then they would like alot of times, in the professions they are in.

What a horrible tragedy btw!

Jenny

So sorry to hear about this tragedy...  makes my heart sad. In Our prayers...

our friends next door lost their 6 year old girl yesterday in a car wreck. She was not wearing a seat belt. She was with her Aunt in a minivan. The wind was blowing hard here in Texas and she was coming down by the lake and the wind pushed her off the road. It took her 200 yards and thats when she over corrected and the van rolled 3 or 4 times.

I am asking if you all would say a prayer for the family. She was such a sweet little girl and I will miss her dearly. She was my yard sale buddy and she would help me water my trees.

Thank you all

Nancy

Nancy, I never saw this thread, I am so very sorry for your loss and your friends loss, a child is so defensless in a car and like Cre8 said, they rely on us to take care of them. Well she is with God now...She will be taken care of for sure with him!

Sorry again for your loss

Dazzel

Thank you all very much. The mother did tell me that the girl did put on her seat belt before she left that they all did. So now we don't know if it was taken off or it didn't snap in place. The interview with the oldest girl did say that the aunt was handing things back to them also.

Yes she is in gods hands now and will be well taken care of.

Again Thank you all very much.

Nancy