cohesion

Well it's gone...

Do to the fact that we are going to have our first child and my in-laws ares from out of state(something we can all ride in together), it made sense for us to get a minivan. Well, today I traded in my Dodge Caliber for a Dodge Grand Caravan. I miss my Caliber :'(. This has to be the only time that I got a new vehical and wasn't excited about it. Don't get me wrong, the van is ok... I was just so attached to me car. Besides that, I would've never pictured myself with a minivan. I'm glad we got it. It's so much more practical than a small four door car. I told my husband that I'm going to make flames for the side of it and put the company name on the doors. He made this face :-. I was kidding, but I thought it was funny. Maybe I'll just make a soccer mom decal :thumbsup:.

We just got rid of ours. They are very practical. Not many vehicles that seat 7 and get 20+ mpg. You can take the whole family and the dog too. I don't miss it though. Traded it for a Toyota Matrix. Love the new Matrix.

I have a 96 Town & Country that my wife loves. The thing has 364000 miles on it and still runs like a champ. I keep saying we need to replace it but it won't die!!!

We have a caravan and I love it. Lots of room, rides good, just a good all around vehicle.

Not sure why you thought a 4 door car wouldn't have worked with only having 1 kid though.  :-

LOL! been there done that a few times!! We had 4 kids, out of state visitors etc etc..now all but one of the kids is grown with vehicles of thier very own, so now I drive a colorado pick up truck!  :huh: what can i say, I haul trash to the dumpsters ( we dont have trash pick up here in the country) I haul hay for horse, I even hauled shelving, clothing racks etc for my shop. cant beat it! I'm not sure though what i will do when the 1 grand baby turns into 4 or 5...etc! oh well! I do love my pick up though!

Renee

We just did the same thing... Traded in the 4 Runner for a Siena Mini Van.

I swore I would never own a mini van but it's just so practical with 2 kids and 2 dogs.

We have a caravan and I love it. Lots of room, rides good, just a good all around vehicle.

Not sure why you thought a 4 door car wouldn't have worked with only having 1 kid though.  :-

A few reasons but one reason is because when the in-laws come up (or even just friends) we would have to take two cars to go out anywhere together. Plus, I guess it will be easier to get our baby in and out of a mini van than it would a small (awesome) car.

I am a foreman for a construction company. We just started a 18 month job 95 miles away, so the boss bought me a ford freestar.....First thing I did was to put a SOCCER MOM decal on back....you would laugh at the looks we get when they drive by on the highway and then see 6 construction guys in the mini  :huh:

LOL! been there done that a few times!! We had 4 kids, out of state visitors etc etc..now all but one of the kids is grown with vehicles of thier very own, so now I drive a colorado pick up truck!  :huh: what can i say, I haul trash to the dumpsters ( we dont have trash pick up here in the country) I haul hay for horse, I even hauled shelving, clothing racks etc for my shop. cant beat it! I'm not sure though what i will do when the 1 grand baby turns into 4 or 5...etc! oh well! I do love my pick up though!

Renee

Hey ( Hay ? ) I have had 2 chrysler mini-vans & used them to haul mini Horses & mini- Donkeys . I charged a guy $75 to deliver a Donkey ( about 50 miles in 20 degree weather ) instead of taking the trailer , I put him in the back of the mini van . The guy started balking at paying me .. I told him there was a chance of the Donkey getting sick in a livestock trailer , but not in the van , so he paid me . I have hauled 5 mini Horses 280 miles from home to home & they had plenty of room & a pleasant trip ( My wife & i had a plesant trip also , MANY laughs at people seeing them & reacting going down the road .

LOL, that's awesome Roger. I don't think that I will end up transporting mini horses, but there is plunty of room in there. Plus it has sto-n-go seating, so all of the rear seats fold down. :huh:

We didn't use ours while in family use . The 94 got cosmetically totalled & I used it without fixing the body damage ( bought it back from the insurance co for $600 ) , the 96 got to be a beater anyway , so the seats come out very easy & I used it until the tranny broke . the 03 Town & Country will see livestock duty when " retired " . My wife threatens me when I kid her about using it before then . I tell her Horse poop is only grass & water , but she doesn't seem to care ... Hmmm , wemens :huh:  :)

We didn't use ours while in family use . The 94 got cosmetically totalled & I used it without fixing the body damage ( bought it back from the insurance co for $600 ) , the 96 got to be a beater anyway , so the seats come out very easy & I used it until the tranny broke . the 03 Town & Country will see livestock duty when " retired " . My wife threatens me when I kid her about using it before then . I tell her Horse poop is only grass & water , but she doesn't seem to care ... Hmmm , wemens :huh:  :)

LMAO!!!! grass and water= STINKY!!! I being a "wemens" can relate to how she feels! and this is why I drive a pick up! :)

Renee

I just purchased a 91' Chrysler Voyager- Soccer Mom style, to replace the nicer Intrepid I rolled during the Holidays. Better than nothing I suppose. Levi and I were thinking about doing it up real good with vinyl.  lol

:huh:

I just purchased a 91' Chrysler Voyager- Soccer Mom style, to replace the nicer Intrepid I rolled during the Holidays. Better than nothing I suppose. Levi and I were thinking about doing it up real good with vinyl.   lol

If you do, you have to post it! :)

I just purchased a 91' Chrysler Voyager- Soccer Mom style, to replace the nicer Intrepid I rolled during the Holidays. Better than nothing I suppose. Levi and I were thinking about doing it up real good with vinyl.   lol

Oh yeah I am super excited. We are going to decal the heck out of that thing, head to toe!

my fiance and i have already decided that we will never have a minivan. 

Yeah, we will see...........

LOL  . Jon , I was thinking the same thing .  :thumbsup: