Sign in to follow this  
duke

can't load update

i can't load update to signblazer. can someone please tell me how can i fix this problem?

regards duke

For the time being, if you would like to open SignBlazer Elements without having it check for updates: Right click on the desktop Icon, then left click on Properties, then chnage the target from ending with SB.exe to SBNT.exe, then click Apply, then OK.

SBE is in the hands of new owners, but is unclear whether or not this product will continue or have support. So it's just us user's trying to do what we can.

Haven't done a SB updates in a very long time.....almost a year ago now.

Are you having problems that you need the update?

Haven't done a SB updates in a very long time.....almost a year ago now.

Are you having problems that you need the update?

i somehow lost s/b/e so i downloaded 6.0.21  but it won't take the update to 6.0.42 :'(

regards duke

Levi posted the download within the last week . Can't remember which thread , but I'm sure in the SIgnBlazer section .

uninstall the old version, install the new version.

i can only find 6.0.21

Hi Duke ,

here is a link to a cutter they have in an auction on e-bay .

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-24-25-Vinyl-Cutter-Cutting-Plotter-USCutter-w-USB_W0QQitemZ300285981823QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item300285981823&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

scroll down the auction until it reads 5 reasons to buy a vnyl cutter from US Cutter ;

then go to #4 Software choice .. there is a download link in that paragraph .

Missed this thread. Sorray!

FYI here is a link to the software section of our support site (www.support.uscutter.com)

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=4&pcid=0&nav=0

The SBE install and the patch can be found there. You need to first install the Full SBE Install and then install the patch over that. I am going to add that to the notes on the file.

Almost all of the software that you need (drivers, SBE, SignCut demo, etc) can be found on the support site. If there is anything that you guys think should be added to the support site just let me know!

neked pics of good looking gals ?  :thumbsup:

I'm not running the patch or update. If I load it does it go back to counting the number of times I use it in demo mode?

I was using the download from SignBlazer and it did that count thing that got longer and longer to wait on. After I uninstalled that and loaded the version that came with my cutter it quit doing the count thang.

Aloha e Sandman -

No need to worry about how often you run SBE in trial mode. The "trial" mode is the same as the regular SBE, it just has the nag screen in the beginning asking if you want to run the app in trial mode, or if you have an activation number. It's not time bombed either so you will always have it to use.

The software developer recently passed away last year, and his company went into litigation limbo in the Australian court system. No one knows for sure what the out come will be, but for now, SBE is out there for everyone to use free of charge.

If you decide to continue use of the software, I highly recommending upgrading to v.6.0.24. This update fixes the little ".pvw" issue that many of use were complaining about before. It's definitely worth the upgrade.

http://signblazer.net/signblazer/updates/uscutter/setup_250208.exe

I knew about all that other stuff. My fix for the .pvw files was to make sure and keep all my SBE stuff in one folder. That way I'm not looking around on the HD and creating those suckers all over.

What I was talking about is the SBE download has a counter that you have to wait on each time you start it in trial mode saying "you have used SBE in trial mode xx times". It takes it longer and longer since it adds a number to each time you open the program. the SBE for US Cutter does NOT have the counter and I wanted to make sure the patch didn't make it return.

Thanks for the explanation of what the patch does though.

The version of SBE I use doesn't count the amount of times that I've used the app in trial mode. I don't know if it counts for others either - this is the first I'm hearing that it does. I get the nag screen and it takes me straight to SBE, it takes the same amount of time each time I use the app. Perhaps you might want to consider using a different version?

Yes, I used to keep the .pvw files in the same general location, but why restrict how you sort your files just because a stupid hitch in the software. It was far better for me to install the version that completely got rid of the .pvw file generation all together.

I re-loaded it on my laptop and it does the count-up now. Never did before. Must be where I downloaded from.

The version of SBE I use doesn't count the amount of times that I've used the app in trial mode. I don't know if it counts for others either - this is the first I'm hearing that it does. I get the nag screen and it takes me straight to SBE, it takes the same amount of time each time I use the app. Perhaps you might want to consider using a different version?

Yes, I used to keep the .pvw files in the same general location, but why restrict how you sort your files just because a stupid hitch in the software. It was far better for me to install the version that completely got rid of the .pvw file generation all together.

i downloaded latest version and still get p.v.w. files :thumbsup: wassup???

i downloaded the latest version that was released in the UK, and i still got the .pvw files, so I went back to v.6.0.24

Did you try installing the version that I provided the link for?

maybe i should download it again, without deleting the one i have?

i think that worked,after d/loading, i imported 2 different files, then looked for pvw files and there were none :thumbsup:

regards duke