Spyder Graphix

Sign Warehouse BEWARE

well, you're not a true Geek unless you've had a tin foil hat at least once in your life.

I think Signwarehouse.com's clients list is bigger then the staff can handle!  just my $.02

need to put a warehouse in Kansas City,Mo. you would get alot of business

OMG!!! you people are SOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny!! I had to wipe the coke off my screen, almost came out of my nose too...ewwwwwww..that hurts!

Ken your a hunka hunka burnin love! in either pic...lol.

I was buying all my vinyl from specialitygraphicssupply, they have super fast shipping, I would order on Monday and have by wednesday PLUS i can order by the foot or by the rolls AND because i have a small 12 inch cutter they would cut the rolls for me to fit my plotter. Now that I am upgrading the size of my cutter I can shop around more, I wont be so limited! I have never ordered from sign warehouse and dont think I will start now. I do have a fellows or was that fellars place close by, have never been but its on my list soon after i get my new cutter!

Renee

I've never had a problem with Signwarehouse...but I don't order that much from there...but now if USCutter gets a close 'hub' to MI area...now we're talkin'

i personally think their shipping is crazy even on small items. The only thing i order from them are cutting strips and blank license plate frames so i tend to buy 2 of each product since the shipping is about the same for 1 item as it is for 2 or 3.

I do agree their shipping depending on what you order is WAY to high....it's not the best place to order from when you are only getting one or two items that are LIGHT weight...I could see paying it if the order was heavy

I do agree their shipping depending on what you order is WAY to high....it's not the best place to order from when you are only getting one or two items that are LIGHT weight...I could see paying it if the order was heavy

I am sure someone (John) can explain this a bit better but from what I understand FedEx does most of their pricing based on the size of the package, not the weight. I think after you get past a certain size then it goes by weight. Not sure if UPS does it the same.

speaking of FedEx ... I never noticed the arrow between the E & X until a couple months ago when a buddy told me  , everybody/anybody notice that before being told ??

no idea about FedEx but UPS bases their shipping rate on weight vs volume. It's kinda hard to explain, but say you have a backage that is 12x12x12 and weighs 2 pounds. And another package the same size but 5 pounds. The 5 pound package will cost no more,maybe even less. The way it was explained to me, it has to do with how much space a package takes up on teh truck as opposed to how much it weighs. They consider a large but light weight package a waste of space,and charge more. Anyway,that's what I got from their complicated explanation. It makes sense...after all, it's teh space on the trucks that you are really paying for.

USPS it is by weight only,up to a certain size. Get over that size and it goes up FAST.The difference in 6 inches over the limit would have put the shipping Priority Mail on a package I sent last week to $17 as opposed to $7 had it been a few inches smaller,but same weight.

I don't think you can ship anything UPS,USPS Priority,or FEdEx for much under $5.

So,short anmswer,and smart thing to do,is wait til you have enough of an order to bring teh cost per item down. There's always something I can use that I can add to it.

But that being said, I always wait until I have a good sized order from SW...usually the shipping is about $8 or so.

That is my understanding of how things work as well. The system does make sense I just always thought it was by weight.

Guest fivestar

speaking of FedEx ... I never noticed the arrow between the E & X until a couple months ago when a buddy told me  , everybody/anybody notice that before being told ??

Well I'll be.........I never noticed it until I read your post and went to fedex.com.  Thanks for that.

Hey 5 , I don't know what they call that , but it is hard for some people to see it when I tell them while looking at the sign , then after they "reconize " the arrow , it is IMPOSSIBLE to overlook & becomes sort of a brain worm type thing .

My 2 cents: I have ordered from SignWarehouse many times this last year with no issues.  I have also ordered from USCutter with no issues.  SW does charge 20 - 40% more shipping than does USCutter for like items.  I will be ordering any OraCal vinyl and app tape I need from USCutter in the future.  PM

Once you see it, that's all you will see.

EXACTLY !!!  :rolleyes: . Most that did not notice the arrow  before, will wind up mad at me because of what you said  ;) ( NOT that I get some sort of weird perverted humor out of that .....  ;) )

OMG...never noticed that before Roger...it's like one of those pictures you have to squint & stare at for a while until you see a hidden picture. So hidden arrow = hidden packages...just got some from our Nana that were sent on the 24th...YA! :rolleyes:

Dazzel

Have you ever read thier employee handbook?  if you read it backwards........ :rolleyes:

OMG...never noticed that before Roger...it's like one of those pictures you have to squint & stare at for a while until you see a hidden picture. So hidden arrow = hidden packages...just got some from our Nana that were sent on the 24th...YA! ;)

Dazzel

Hi BDC ,

I know what pictures you are talking about , The FedEx arrow is just the opposite though .. it is right in front of us . When my buddy told me it took me awhile before I focused on it . Weird & funny . Many weird things about focusing & the brain's recognition .  :rolleyes:

Guest fivestar

Kinda like the Big Ten logo actually has an 11 in it.

big10-08-hdr-logo.gif

Ken my vote is for MI.....you can put a pole barn in my backyard to ship out of!

Rodger I knew about Fed Ex but never saw the Big Ten logo fivestar.