BannerJohn

In case you are wondering

From what I understand, SignBlazer should only be installed and activated on one computer. He could swap the hard drive over to his new computer to run it, or you could buy another copy for each computer you need it installed on.

Ok...if your hard drive just dies,you are gonna have to buy another copy. If you are running Windows XP, you can't take the Hard drive from one computer to another and boot XP..unless the hardware configurations are almost exactly the same.When you first install XP, it takes an inventory of your hardware. It does the same every time it boots. If the hardware has changed substantially,XP won't boot.

There should be some way of transferring the license from one computer to another as long as you aren't running both at the same time.

I'm sure I saw something somewhere about re-installing,but I can't remember where. I'll look and see.

Let me know if you find a way to re-install it on a diffrent computer in case of crashes or whatever.

I finally was able to contact Jerry at Signblazer in Australia,and there is a way,and here it is...right from his own answer:

"If you have not lost your "software serial number" then what you do--- to

move to another computer is simply uninstall it ----while the computer is

connected to the net. (notifies us to allow another installation).

Then use the same "software serial number" again to install it and register

it and a new activation code is emailed to you immediately."

And there it is,just that simple. I knew there had to be a way.

Kewl, but what about if you computer crashes??? and cant get up on the internet to show that its uninstalled???

Just a thougt...

I've never had an actual hard drive go bad,only a windows crash. In which case, I immediately install a NEW hard drive,take the old one and install as a slave and recover the files I need. Could be possible to do it that way. Or you could TRY a windows repair,though I have never seen it work.

AS for an actual hard drive going bad, The people at Signblazer seem very nice. I am sure if you could offer some sort of proof,they would work with you.

There is one other solution,which I will PM to you tater. It can be a bit tricky and don't want to give any computer newbees any ideas.

Hey Ken, do you know if Signblazer will work with windows 2000?

The signblazer website says it works with 98se,me,2000,xp,and vista. So,it shouldn't be a problem.

I have not loaded it on a Win2000 machine personally, but like Banner states, SignBlazer says it will.

Do you have to have internet connection to use Signblazer ( working out of a enclosed trailer in the future { when i get up to speed } )

& what is with the pc rebooting between cuts ? is that always ?

thanks , Rodger

Should just need internet to activate the software. As for the computer rebooting between cuts, it might be the computer. Do you have alot of other programs running or sitting idle in the background (little icons by the time)? Could be a sluggish computer, maybe try another or clean up the current.

i was asking about the rebooting because of previous posts . i downloaded the trial version & it looks alot user friendly for folks like me who don;t have much knowledge in this area . i am stumped already though . i am trying to read the 7 hour instruction guide . i get the guide & the little hand moves around with my mouse , but i can't open anything .it said the registration # would be needed later i thought . thanks , rodger

i unstumped myself  :read: . the 1rst pages of the manual dont respond . have to scroll down to get to an actual directory & the instructions . i pulled the pc off the desk with the 3' usb cord on my copam 2500 & runied the cable . all i can find is 6' replacements . will that cause problems ?

soon to buy SignBlazer , Rodger

Judd,

I'm running 2000 with Sign Blazer... for the most part it seems to work

i unstumped myself  :read: . the 1rst pages of the manual dont respond . have to scroll down to get to an actual directory & the instructions . i pulled the pc off the desk with the 3' usb cord on my copam 2500 & runied the cable . all i can find is 6' replacements . will that cause problems ?

soon to buy SignBlazer , Rodger

6' replacement should not be a problem.