joshlindt

installation kit

was wondering if anyone ever considered making a decal installation kit to provide/sell to customers? i was thinking of doing it. if i do i this is what i plan on putting in it, two 1' long pieces of self adhesive ruler, 2or4' of 3/4" wide masking tape, single edge razor blade and a hard plastic card to be used as a squegee (with my logo on it of course) any suggestions on any thing i should change/add

I know a handful of people who throw in a cheap free squeegee when mailing out job...

i do that but was going to be doing some flea market stuff this summer and was thinking of offering it to customers

I think NonaBelle ( Sheila   

I thought I would give Jenny a break  :thumbsup: ) had a thread going thinking of something similiar . focused more on the advertising ) . I've thought about hard plastic combs with advertisement on to be given away as a squeezee .

thank u rodger!  :P wow! u put a big smile on my face this morning ;D. lol i needed that one. hey i never heard that one before. nice one thanks again for making me smile. :P:thumbsup:

thank u rodger!  :P wow! u put a big smile on my face this morning :P. lol i needed that one. hey i never heard that one before. nice one thanks again for making me smile. ;D ;D

YW Sheila  :) ,

You must be a youngin ... Old guys like John & I have heard it a million times . Tommy Roe had a bunch of catchy tunes . I'll have to get a picture of me to post in the picture thread ( if I can find  camera that won't break  :P )  . It surprised me when I seen John's picture , He looks like a young wipper snapper  ;D . I thought he would look old school with the video's he has posted etc . Do you have a picture in that thread :thumbsup:

I didn't have vinyl or a sqeezee when my cutter arived , I used a comb & some vinyl a friend gave me . Hard plastic combs work good & might be used again thus usefull for advertising .

and where would we get the cheap squeegees to give out?

thanks

MMM

They are from Lidco - White EconoSqueegee.  i get them from Fellers for $ .59 and i pick them up locally.  i usually get the 25 pack for $19.50

thank u rodger!  ;D wow! u put a big smile on my face this morning :P. lol i needed that one. hey i never heard that one before. nice one thanks again for making me smile. :P;D

YW Sheila  :) ,

You must be a youngin ... Old guys like John & I have heard it a million times . Tommy Roe had a bunch of catchy tunes . I'll have to get a picture of me to post in the picture thread ( if I can find  camera that won't break  :P )  . It surprised me when I seen John's picture , He looks like a young wipper snapper  ;D . I thought he would look old school with the video's he has posted etc . Do you have a picture in that thread :thumbsup:

I didn't have vinyl or a sqeezee when my cutter arived , I used a comb & some vinyl a friend gave

me . Hard plastic combs work good & might be used again thus usefull for advertising .

[/quote

rodger, i'm 46, look 36, feel like 26, and ain't had enough of nothin'

lol, and no honey i don't have a pic on this forum.

thanks for the info on squeegeess, from fellers

MonkeyMeMe

Hi Sheila  , I'm 53 look 63 & feel 93 LOL , & still " aint had enough of nothing " either  , lol

When I read Jennys posts theTommy Tutone song plays in my head & ever since I found your name is Sheila ( a long time ago ) Tommy Roe's song plays in my head . I enjoy that  :thumbsup:

Cheap squeegee's can be had from harbor freight, twenty for eight bucks, in the department where the bondo tools are.

dylan,, thanks,, now if i just had a harbor frieght around me,, do they call them squeegees,,? i will look on line when you let me know..

Thanks

MMM

wow $.30 each, that's a bargain for hand outs!

Will have to stop by the local HF tomorrow.

I was at HF this afternoon . I looked at the Bondo ( body putty ) putty spreaders . The price on them was $8.99 . In order to get the online catalog price $5.99 , you need to copy the ad & the retail store will honor the price .The quality of the HF spreaders/squeezees doesn't look good if used for vinyl . I'm sure they would work as I have used about everything including my thunb-nail . I think the extra price of regular sqeezees from Fellers etc are well worth the cost ( additional 20 cents on every " gift " ) IMHO  ;)

Thanks roger,, for the squeegee input...

Your Welcomee SJ  ;)

I found a guy on ebay selling a dozen or so at a time and with shipping was like 50 cents a piece....worth looking into.

Ah, well you do get what you pay for!

for the most part that is true , but "bargain " hunters find the " DEALS "

We get the lidco 50 pack from fellers for 18.99 thats like $0.38ea and they are pretty good ones. We also letter them with our info and sell them at our flea market location for $1ea and give them away when the customer spends atleast $40