routesmith

My First banner and first time cutting a design into tiles

Well I have had this planned for a few weeks now. I have a show coming up fri, sat and sun so I made this banner up. It is 3' x 6' and I used the tiling feature of sign blaster. Surprisingly only human error, all the tiles lined up just fine. I wish I had recorded video of how I did it but I am the only one up at 2am here so it didnt happen, although I will go through it.

firstly cut the tiles, cut them slightly less than the width of the vinyl and start it in a 1/2" or so even a 1/4" is good enough, just so each tile doesnt hit the edge of the page as that is the LAST thing you want. You are aiming for having each tile nicely inside of a border on each piece of vinyl..

Next weed, being careful of the little bits you have at the edges, mine didnt cut so well so on my first part (the top) I had to transplant some extra letters, cause I was dumb and sucked them up in the excitement of weeding my vinyl (to get the damn thing done cause I still have to come up with designs for the show after all this hype).

measure and place the first tile, no biggie right? Measure reference distances from the top and then the buttom to make sure you dont get it in the wrong spot and throw EVERYTHING off. Lay your first tile, squeegy, remove t-tape.

next t-tape you 2nd tile, turn it over and peel off the bottom sheet and put it back on with 1mm of your 2nd tiles vinyl bits hanging over so you can position it and have the rest of the vinyl covered with your bottom sheet.

once you place all the bits on to their corresponding sister bits (for lack of a better word) push down hard on the bits, flip the rest of your design (in my case words) and remove the backing completely and then squeegy the rest of your design down.

looks beautiful right?:huh:?;D?;D?

of course cause your no fool!

lol

HTH anyone looking to do tiles, if anyone has any questions please post 'em or PM me.

Wayne

thevinylhouse.com formerly known as groovydecals.com

oh yeah, one screw up i Know about and wil fix by putting white behind it is my logo, there are supposed to be 4 circles. Black probably wasnt my best choice.

Just so you know it is being held up by a cheap stand, I forget where I got it offhand.

anyone local to me who bought a 36" cutter and only wanted a 24" LMK, I need to upgrade to a bigger one so I dont have to go through this PIA or tiling :)

post-2294-12986528974775_thumb.jpg

post-2294-12986528996939_thumb.jpg

oh yeah I WILL get a better picture, its all I had without going through a whole thing taking my laptop out..

Wayne

From the picture...I think it turned out really nice!!! Great job!