Sign in to follow this  
hoosier

thermoflex not sticking

Help!  What are we doing wrong. We have the heat set at 345 f. 350f at 20 seconds. The vinyl is not sticking. the cloth we are using is 99% cotton 1% other material.  We have tried more time and still no luck. Next I think a little more heat. I have measured the plate temp with my heat gun so I am going off that. Any other ideas.

thanks ,

mark

I wound up using more pressure . I don't know of any negatives about too much pressure.

I press thermoflex very hard.

I also pre-wash all my 100% cotton tees to remove all the lint and stuff (not to mention it shrinks them so the graphic lays flat instead of curling after the first wash).

Guest fivestar

Are you pre-pressing your shirts first to get the moisture out?

He have prepressed, she says she peeled hot, we are going to try again, seems we can do that since the garment has nothing stuck to it. LOL We are going to try a little more pressure and a little more heat

Thanks

Mark

I am not sure what heat transfer vinyl i have ( bought it out of a bin at a sign show $10 a 10' roll ) But i was getting about 1/2 of the transfer sticking . I cranked the pressure up ALOT . Came out perfect after that . Is there any negatives abut too much pressure ?

Guest fivestar

No Rodger, as long as the glue doesn't seep out the edges.

ok don't know if I used enough pressure but still didn't stick. I am trying to press on 99% cotton "flannel" pajamas maybe some other inyl heat material may be in order.

have you tried pressing a design on a regular t shirt?

bb

I am not sure what heat transfer vinyl i have ( bought it out of a bin at a sign show $10 a 10' roll ) But i was getting about 1/2 of the transfer sticking . I cranked the pressure up ALOT . Came out perfect after that . Is there any negatives abut too much pressure ?

Not on regular stuff, but on some of the specialty vinyls it will ruin it.

Not on regular stuff, but on some of the specialty vinyls it will ruin it.

the stuff i got is SUPER metal flaked . Look like the Baja bass boats I remember .

Guest fivestar

Mostof that stuff Rodger is press for 3-6 seconds.....peel......re-press for 10-15 seconds with med pressure.

Mostof that stuff Rodger is press for 3-6 seconds.....peel......re-press for 10-15 seconds with med pressure.

thanks for the advice Five.

Thanks 5  ( Thanks for the reminder John ... I should have said thanks already  ;) )

Any of my specialty vinyl, glitter metal flake holo,, all are cold peel

Let it cool, and when it is carefully go to one side, and hold the area of the shirt down right where it hits the speciality stuff, and once it is over where you start you are good to go,, if you try to peel hot, it will come up.

I do a lot of holo and glitter and chrome looking stuff and always peel cold..

then repress for 7 seconds covered with a teflon sheet.

Hope this helps