polarkiss

Republican VP Pick

What do you think about Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as the VP Pick?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as the VP Pick?

• Awesome! She is perfect for the job
    • McCain is crazy, this lady doesn't know foreign policy from an oosik.
    • I couldn't care less about the whole thing.

Easy now tigers.... 

Yes it is hard to watch your nation go down the drain and feel helpless about it.  I agree with many points from several posts, and disagree with some also. 

But try not to get the thread locked up until the a few more voting days go by, I am genuinly interested in the outcome  :huh:

John,

We have some disagreements and some agreements.  Fortunately we still can discuss openly....PM-sent.

Regis

I will agree that we can disagree. Honestly, I couldn't care less. Everyone in Washington is either crooked or stupid. I'll pin my hopes on the next life. This one sucks.

I understand & agree . Enjoy this life as much as possible though , no guarantee on a next liife or it being any better  ( or worse ) .

well obviously, some have not been listening to obama, if so then u would know some of the changes he plans to put into action. then he has to clean up a big mess. yes obama is a hope for a lot of people, clinton did, so can obama. they r a lot people hurting out here.

This was the intent of my comment about Obama's promise for change ...

Obama promises us the moon while offering no real solutions or explanations on HOW he will do what he says needs doing. On the up side...at least he realizes that there is a PROBLEM. Like an alcoholic...the first step is admitting you have a problem.

I agree !!!  :thumbsup:  I'm not knowledgable about politics , but Clinton said he would have a national health care in place within a matter of months 16 years ago , He never did that in his 8 years in office , woried more about the out-of-the -closet gay people in the military .

regards , Rodger

during the Clinton Administration, the democrats fought for national health care...but the congress had a republican majority,who blocked every attempt.

Yes,democrats as well as the republicans voted for the war...caught up in 'patriotic fevor' and basing their votes on LIES about 'weapons of mass destruction' which were based on faulty inteligence or just wishful thinking.

The terrorists that you fear are not in Iraq...they are next door...and down the street. The next attack will not come from without...it will come from within.

Bottom line...the president's FIRST duty is the welfare of the American people...and that includes making sure we have food to eat and can afford to buy it. The President has let his own country down while seeing to the business of other countries.

I'm voting bannerJohn for president!!!

Personally all politicians are CROOKS!!  But we have lost SO many jobs, this country is going down the shitter.  What are we going to do about THAT??

Here here!!  BannerJohn for Prez!!  :huh:

Absolutely!!!

Banner John for President!!

well obviously, some have not been listening to obama, if so then u would know some of the changes he plans to put into action. then he has to clean up a big mess. yes obama is a hope for a lot of people, clinton did, so can obama. they r a lot people hurting out here.

This was the intent of my comment about Obama's promise for change ...

Obama promises us the moon while offering no real solutions or explanations on HOW he will do what he says needs doing. On the up side...at least he realizes that there is a PROBLEM. Like an alcoholic...the first step is admitting you have a problem.

I agree !!!  :thumbsup:  I'm not knowledgable about politics , but Clinton said he would have a national health care in place within a matter of months 16 years ago , He never did that in his 8 years in office , woried more about the out-of-the -closet gay people in the military .

regards , Rodger

during the Clinton Administration, the democrats fought for national health care...but the congress had a republican majority,who blocked every attempt.

Yes,democrats as well as the republicans voted for the war...caught up in 'patriotic fevor' and basing their votes on LIES about 'weapons of mass destruction' which were based on faulty inteligence or just wishful thinking.

The terrorists that you fear are not in Iraq...they are next door...and down the street. The next attack will not come from without...it will come from within.

Bottom line...the president's FIRST duty is the welfare of the American people...and that includes making sure we have food to eat and can afford to buy it. The President has let his own country down while seeing to the business of other countries.

I'm voting bannerJohn for president!!!

Personally all politicians are CROOKS!!  But we have lost SO many jobs, this country is going down the shitter.  What are we going to do about THAT??

Here here!!  BannerJohn for Prez!!   :huh:

Absolutely!!!

Banner John for President!!

HAUMANA, my post was not intended for u, sweetie. i understood ur intent, with that being said my post was not meant to be derogatory towards ur post.

I take no offense. But after you post I realized that I didn't really put into words what I meant by that so I thought I would clarify it.  :huh:

I take no offense. But after you post I realized that I didn't really put into words what I meant by that so I thought I would clarify it.  :o

everythings gravy,  :huh:

You are right about the first bit though....this country is a democracy in name only. Our current President was not elected to office in 2000 by the people.

No kidding ... I don't know why tv stations bother running the PSA's for "Every vote counts," blah, blah, blah. The 2000 elections surely proved that it does count for the presidential election. Notice how jacked the college electoral is, but has anyone bothered to correct that problem?? Certainly not anyone in the current administration. I think while most voters in Hawaii exercise their right to vote, we realize that because of the college electoral system and we really don't count. Why would this nation want to elect the leader by popular vote, when we can have a defective process to elect the runner up?  I'd have to say that I've never felt so shafted as a voter than I did for the 2000 elections.

That's okay Gore had better things to do on a global scale ... Even if Bush #2 didn't commit this country to war, do you he would stand a chance of getting a Nobel Peace Prize?? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Okay ... I spoke my peace. Hopefully I won't open my mouth and insert my foot any further than I have on this subject.  :-

Guest kenya

I can only say one thing.........

DON'T GET ME STARTED!!  :huh:

I take no offense. But after you post I realized that I didn't really put into words what I meant by that so I thought I would clarify it.  :o

THAT is a cool saying , I'm gonna be using it  , ok ?

John , You had to go & get me laughing  :huh:

uh rodger, lol don't use it unless u mean it. lol

I take no offense. But after you post I realized that I didn't really put into words what I meant by that so I thought I would clarify it.  :huh:

everythings gravy,  :o

uh rodger, lol don't use it unless u mean it. lol

That's a deal , I always mean what i say , just sometimes I'm wrong ( imagine that .....  :huh: )

I can't say for 100% certainty how you feel and think Slops....but it's just some of your comments that can lead people to believe it.

I feel we are getting off topic of what this thread was about!! 

I just knew when I saw the title of this thread there was going to be a problem...and waaa laaa...I WAS RIGHT!!  :huh:

you are right,Jenny....so,henceforth,any posts NOT related to the topic will be deleted. I am going now to delete both Slop's and my own response to same.

If Slop wants to spout his right-wing extremist nonsense on another thread of his own making,he is welcome to do so. I will,however, refrain from responding. You can't argue with people like that.

Sorry - I have to disagree . . .

Ken for President and Bannerjohn for VP!

Ken has saved us all at one point or another and works tirelessly to help all reguardless of political affiliation

BJ is there when ken isn't and offers great advice and keeps us on the right track

There is nothing in Washington that compares to the cooperation and advice of thesee two!

Ken has saved us all at one point or another and works tirelessly to help all reguardless of political affiliation

BJ is there when ken isn't and offers great advice and keeps us on the right track

There is nothing in Washington that compares to the cooperation and advice of thesee two!

OK , I agree !!! 

http://www.inews3.com/topstory.php?id=4b656e207c496d6573

OK , I agree !!!   

http://www.inews3.com/topstory.php?id=4b656e207c496d6573

lol.. :huh: ???

The USA citizen has no more choice in a democratic selection than a Chinaman in China does.

That is simply because we are not a democracy as our founding fathers intended. We are a republic.

Were we a democracy we the people would vote on every issue, states rights would be second only to the will of the people. And the federal government would be entrusted with our safekeeping, no matter who was in any office. Earmarking AKA pork barreling would be eliminated and billions of misspent public monies would still be in the treasury.

Another major problem is that our laws, the rules that affect our daily lives and our futures are made for the most part by appointed, not elected officials.

The party system which George Washington warned against in his farewell address has taken over our collective mentality. For those interested, see:

http://www.earlyamerica.com/earlyamerica/milestones/farewell/text.html

Now, back to the subject. I think that choosing a woman was strictly a defensive maneuver that was well planned and executed. His choice, obviously biased in that he found a female John McCain, IMHO. I know little of her except what I have gleaned since her announcement, and I think she would make a good VP, and be capable of handling the Presidency if she were required to. At least she has government management experience, which trumps the Senator from Illinois.

Personally I would have preferred that Condy Rice was not so bittered on her political experience that she was not considered. But, she long ago made her position clear that after this job was done she was done with politics. She, IMHO would have been the great hope of our nation in this day.

& or Colin Powell . I think some military experience is invaluable to a president . We will never know the intelligence any of the presidents ( past or future  ) have ever had to make decisions on . Top Secret stuff . We know little of the real reasons that things are done for & the way they are done . IHMO 

regards , Rodger