CHIVERS CUSTOM VINYL

68" titan3 not scaning for registration marks

I'm new to this scene. 68" titian 3 using new Epson surecolor s40600 to print. I have vinylmaster xpt and it has never scanned for reg marks on my prints but if I do the calibration sheet it does and it is calibrated to the micron. any help would be appreciated.

ps my prints have the reg marks

I believe you have to tell vinyl master the size of your registration marks, I wish I could remember where I saw this setting but maybe take some time and browse around the settings. Not sure if this would even help.

post was from 2 years ago - not sure they will respond . . .

hi i have the same problem i have a HP Latex 365  for printing and a Titan 3 cutter, so it printed  the image i need to cut on a 3m 3931 reflective sheeting with registration marks. Everything printed perfectly, but when i feed it into the cutter to read the markings it does not see them.

Please help . Thanks

I just got my Titan 3 68" and i have been talking to Tech support for 2 months it refuses to read the Barcode Marks in the ARMS with either Gloss or Matt finish if i use regular 

copy paper it will read it most of the time it appears to be a firmware issue with the ARMS Controller in other words this machine needs a firmware update i Do not think i am the only one having this problem even though tech support seems to act like i am. 

21 minutes ago, Reggie said:

I just got my Titan 3 68" and i have been talking to Tech support for 2 months it refuses to read the Barcode Marks in the ARMS with either Gloss or Matt finish if i use regular 

copy paper it will read it most of the time it appears to be a firmware issue with the ARMS Controller in other words this machine needs a firmware update i Do not think i am the only one having this problem even though tech support seems to act like i am. 

PM sent

Sorry to add on to this post but I'm having this issue as well with a brand new Titan 3 68". It struggles to finish scanning the marks on glossy and matte vinyl. Every now and then it will manage to finish and finally cut but it happens again on the next sheet. Is there some kind of firmware update or setting that needs to be changed?

Did anyone find an answer to this issue I am so frustrated with this machine! I have replaced everything on the machine that I can and it still doesn't read the marks I am a month behind on projects and would love US Cutter to pull their heads out of their butts and get me an answer that works instead of having me spend $600.00 on new parts that don't fix the issue. The machine is only 3 years old and I have pretty much rebuilt it. 

If you are a month behind on 'projects' then YOU should pull your head out of wherever it is, and DO something to fix your problem -- namely, get a different machine. Like a Graphtec.

A machine three years old that has been pretty much rebuilt? I would have walked away from it two years ago.

In the meantime, private message skeetz and see what she has to say. Back in August, she had (unrevealed) suggestions for Reggie and madhatter.

On 12/25/2020 at 5:01 PM, slice&dice said:

If you are a month behind on 'projects' then YOU should pull your head out of wherever it is, and DO something to fix your problem -- namely, get a different machine. Like a Graphtec.

A machine three years old that has been pretty much rebuilt? I would have walked away from it two years ago.

In the meantime, private message skeetz and see what she has to say. Back in August, she had (unrevealed) suggestions for Reggie and madhatter.

Skeeter quit taking messages a while ago because she was overwhelmed with request for basic stuff that is easily searched got. 

2 hours ago, 307carterjys said:

Did anyone find an answer to this issue I am so frustrated with this machine! I have replaced everything on the machine that I can and it still doesn't read the marks I am a month behind on projects and would love US Cutter to pull their heads out of their butts and get me an answer that works instead of having me spend $600.00 on new parts that don't fix the issue. The machine is only 3 years old and I have pretty much rebuilt it. 

If you are usin* it for contour cutting, get a Roland.  Rolands find registration marks much better.  The titan 3 is much lower priced but IMHO if I was back doing print, lam contour I wouldn’t have anything other than a roland.    For everything else I love graphtec 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 3:25 PM, 307carterjys said:

you realize this is just a user forum that is staffed by volunteers , right?    uscutter seldom comes to the forum so best bet for support is calling as you have tried - it will be slow during the holidays as many new people have gotten plotters for christmas and usually slams them.   I would offer suggestions but never used my titan2 for contour cutting as I had a roland sp-300i that did that for me.   maybe someone else will pop in.  for the record slice has never had a servo motor plotter or done contour cutting during all the years I have been reading and moderating on here - so take his comments with a grain of salt so to speak 

your report to the moderators was read  - below is the contents that I think you meant for slice to read - which he couldn't because  it only went to moderators when filing a report

**********   307carterjys:     Well, good day to you Slice&Dice! I really don't understand why certain people find it so easy to get on a keyboard and be an ass. I am working on fixing my issue by contacting the company that sold me the machine. All I get is we will create a ticket and no answers and wrong parts sent to me, so yes US Cutter can step up a little too. I am not going to go out and buy a brand new 7,000 cutter because of something that might be a $20.00 fix. If your car or truck has an issue you take it to a mechanic to go get fixed most of the time you just don't chuck it to go buy another car. I am a small shop and can't just go buy a new machine especially right now. I am looking for some input on someone that might have had the same issue that had it resolved, not an opinion that really offers no input. Thanks      *******************

With that said I recommend both of you watch the language as we do have minors on the forum that do great work and follow the threads 

• Like 3

The OP might find some help at Cutterpros blog.  They sell Saga vinyl cutters, which the Titan is a rebranded Saga.  They made it pretty clear on what I read, that the  registration marks have to be a certain size, or they will not read.  Put Registration marks in the type keyword search bar on the right after you go to the blog site. They are using Signcut as their cutting software, but I would think it would work from any software.   The info may help. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 4:04 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

If you are usin* it for contour cutting, get a Roland.  Rolands find registration marks much better.  The titan 3 is much lower priced but IMHO if I was back doing print, lam contour I wouldn’t have anything other than a roland.    For everything else I love graphtec 

On 12/25/2020 at 4:01 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

Skeeter wit taking messages a while ago because she was overwhelmed with request for basic stuff that is easily searched got. 

On 12/25/2020 at 3:01 PM, slice&dice said:

On 12/26/2020 at 4:05 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

you realize this is just a user forum that is staffed by volunteers , right?    uscutter seldom comes to the forum so best bet for support is calling as you have tried - it will be slow during the holidays as many new people have gotten plotters for christmas and usually slams them.   I would offer suggestions but never used my titan2 for contour cutting as I had a roland sp-300i that did that for me.   maybe someone else will pop in.  for the record slice has never had a servo motor plotter or done contour cutting during all the years I have been reading and moderating on here - so take his comments with a grain of salt so to speak 

your report to the moderators was read  - below is the contents that I think you meant for slice to read - which he couldn't because  it only went to moderators when filing a report

**********   307carterjys:     Well, good day to you Slice&Dice! I really don't understand why certain people find it so easy to get on a keyboard and be an ass. I am working on fixing my issue by contacting the company that sold me the machine. All I get is we will create a ticket and no answers and wrong parts sent to me, so yes US Cutter can step up a little too. I am not going to go out and buy a brand new 7,000 cutter because of something that might be a $20.00 fix. If your car or truck has an issue you take it to a mechanic to go get fixed most of the time you just don't chuck it to go buy another car. I am a small shop and can't just go buy a new machine especially right now. I am looking for some input on someone that might have had the same issue that had it resolved, not an opinion that really offers no input. Thanks      *******************

With that said I recommend both of you watch the language as we do have minors on the forum that do great work and follow the threads 

Thanks, I realized where my replay went after it sent.  I have called and have been working with customer support for over 4 weeks I am getting no answers to fix the issue. I have replaced the motherboard and all the components on the machine.  I personally think it is something simple I am missing and I was hoping to find someone on here that might have had the same issue and found a fix. I totally understand that this ran by volunteers and that is why I was responding to this thread in the first place because it seems like someone else has had this issue and I was hoping they could share what fixed the issue. I don't use forums and now I totally understand why. Thank you to the few that offered some actual advice. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 5:20 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

The OP might find some help at Cutterpros blog.  They sell Saga vinyl cutters, which the Titan is a rebranded Saga.  They made it pretty clear on what I read, that the  registration marks have to be a certain size, or they will not read.  Put Registration marks in the type keyword search bar on the right after you go to the blog site. They are using Signcut as their cutting software, but I would think it would work from any software.   The info may help. 

thank you