Sign in to follow this  
dansell

suggestions for machine upgrade

I'm looking at suggestions for a new machine. I currently have the Laserpoint II.

I'm looking for something that is faster and quieter and better able to cut smaller detail such as 1/8" to 1/4" lettering.

I'm considering the Graphtec CE-6000 Vinyl Cutter but I'm not quite sure yet. I'll be using the Laserpoint II as a backup. But a mishap with the carriage and the belt today really is pushing me forward to upgrade, it's my new excuse and I'm sticking to it ;)

I cut Oracal 631 and 651 for home decor and car decals. 

I use Adobe Illustrator, Scal Pro, and Make-the-Cut software. I use all three depending on what I am doing. I have a pc specifically to run the cutter. 

I have no issue with the Laserpoint II, it's a good little machine. It runs 5 days a week from 7 am to about 7 pm. Etsy is very good to me :), but if I am going to get another machine, I might as well upgrade.

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

you will be ecstatic with the ce6000 - and for fine detail there is nothing like a graphtec and cleancut blade to do it with.  Ask Jaybird - he went from a lp2 to a graphtec and about wet himself with joy.   

sorry for sharing that part jay

• Like 1

Yeah but now I have the fc :) if the ce is great this thing is unbelievable. You won't be disappointed with the graphtec and speed will be 3 to 4 times faster than the lp2

• Like 1

Thank you for all the info! He he!

I have another $100 to make and then I will be purchasing one! I can't wait! BTW.... where do you find the clean cut blades?

Just for you to consider --  the TITAN 2 is USCUTTER's chinese-import answer to the Graphtec.

Those who own them apparently are very satisified.

Just for you to consider --  the TITAN 2 is USCUTTER's chinese-import answer to the Graphtec.

Those who own them apparently are very satisified.

owned both - still own a graphtec . . . 

The 24" TITAN II (servo) is on sale for $995.

A Graphtec of the same size is $1750.

Now, I understand that $750 is an insignificant amount of money for some people, but since dansell is admittedly scrimping just to pay for a new cutter, I thought it would be practical to mention the TITAN 2 as something worthwhile instead of the Graphtec.

Hey, I'd love to drive a Mercedes, but my budget is Hyundai Equus.

That sale price isn't bad but I still prefer to put my money with a better known option if for no other reason than resale value if the need ever arises.

By the way, the Hyundai Equus is a $65,000 automobile !!!  Which I was using just as an example, and it's NOT in my budget range, actually.

I'm more of an Elantra kinda guy.   

Dansell,  you  state the machine is running 5 days a week morning to evening? thats alot dude. I would just buy a graphtec, or find a gently used one somewhere.

Dansell,  you  state the machine is running 5 days a week morning to evening? thats alot dude. I would just buy a graphtec, or find a gently used one somewhere.

Is there any evidence that the TITAN 2 would be unable to function properly or would break down in those same circumstances?

I used to run my MH pretty much all day, every day, making signs in a retail environment.

It held up fine, despite not being designed for that heavy use. And asides from a little recent hiccup (which he doesn't describe in detail as to what caused it), dansell noted that the LPII has been working OK, and is still operating as his workhorse.

I know that Graphtec is the "go to" answer for anyone seeking to get the top-of-the-line cutter.

However, I just feel that when there is a request for "suggestions" and "advice" it's incumbent upon us to be able to provide reasonable (and less-expensive) alternatives to a Graphtec.

Can Dansell afford $750 more for a Graphtec than the TITAN 2?

Does he want to empty his bank account for the Graphtec?

Yeah, it will have better resale value, but that's two in the bush, instead of a $750 bird in hand today.

If price was not a consideration for buying a cutter, then USCUTTER would not be importing & offering the TITAN 2, and would only sell the Graphtec and be done with it.

Happy owner of a titan 2, its more than capable, I use mine almost daily and have done some tiny detailed stuff. But I drive a Volkswagen and wish it was a Porsch...

The Flur-de-lis lower tail is less than 1/16 of an inch.

20141205_173410_zps6f016403.jpg

The 24" TITAN II (servo) is on sale for $995.

A Graphtec of the same size is $1750.

Now, I understand that $750 is an insignificant amount of money for some people, but since dansell is admittedly scrimping just to pay for a new cutter, I thought it would be practical to mention the TITAN 2 as something worthwhile instead of the Graphtec.

Hey, I'd love to drive a Mercedes, but my budget is Hyundai Equus.

you would need to compare the titan3 with auto mark sensor for contour cutting if you want to compare apples to apples.  titan2 is manual.   now the titan2 at under $1K is a good option just trying to compare similar machines and that is the titan3 wjhich is $1600

• Like 1

Comparing the lp2 to the graphtec strictly on speed is about 4 to 1 in favor of the graphtec and I have both so I'm not just throwing around manufacturers numbers

• Like 2

Is there any evidence that the TITAN 2 would be unable to function properly or would break down in those same circumstances?

I used to run my MH pretty much all day, every day, making signs in a retail environment.

It held up fine, despite not being designed for that heavy use. And asides from a little recent hiccup (which he doesn't describe in detail as to what caused it), dansell noted that the LPII has been working OK, and is still operating as his workhorse.

I know that Graphtec is the "go to" answer for anyone seeking to get the top-of-the-line cutter.

However, I just feel that when there is a request for "suggestions" and "advice" it's incumbent upon us to be able to provide reasonable (and less-expensive) alternatives to a Graphtec.

Can Dansell afford $750 more for a Graphtec than the TITAN 2?

Does he want to empty his bank account for the Graphtec?

Yeah, it will have better resale value, but that's two in the bush, instead of a $750 bird in hand today.

If price was not a consideration for buying a cutter, then USCUTTER would not be importing & offering the TITAN 2, and would only sell the Graphtec and be done with it.

cant answer on longevity until the Titan has been shaken down for 20+ years. . . Like the graphtecs have. If only want a servo cutter than the Titan is a good value at the 1k . . . Comparing the titan3 with the Graphtec (both with arms). The price difference is negligible . Like comparing similar cars and one doesn't have air conditioning. Of course it is cheaper . . . You just have to ask yourself is the air on the Cadillac worth the difference from the similar Chevy?
  • Like 1

Those that have not used each type of cutter can't understand what the big difference is. For years have heard people say their stepper is as good as a servo . . . Until they buy the servo cutter, then the tune changes.

• Like 1

Combining the good reports on Graphtec Service Dept with the longevity of their machines, seems a no-brainer between it and the T3

Wow. .. I'm impressed with all the helpful responses! Thanks so much. I have been saving for the graphtec and am so close to being able to purchase I am doing my final research. $1700 is a considerable sum of money but I knew the cost when I first started my research and therefore have planned appropriately.

My sales for the month of November on etsy reached $8k.. so it pushed my "purchase plan" up a few months :)

I just wanted to check and make sure that I was purchasing the best machine for my needs.

My husband will be thrilled that I am finally purchasing the machine so he doesn't have to hear about it anymore :)

Graphic it is :)

Thanks again! !!

you won't believe how much easier it gets once you get the new machine and dial it in.

Twiddling time will disappear. My machine usually is waiting on me twiddling like I'm slow or something.