AngelRidge

moving from a Sillhouette Cameo...have a design question

I started with a Cameo, I just wanted to do my own decals with images I wanted....I was tired of not being able to find boxers with uncropped ears...Tennessee walking horses moving normally instead of the un-natural pose that they are typically found in. So I drew all my own designs, and started getting requests left and right. I have moved up to a bigger cutter that came with SCALP, is there any way to get my designs from Sillhouette Studio over to SCALP? Or at least cut them from S Studio with my new cutter? Thanks for any advice.

I am interested to know this too. Not specifically SCALP, but I would like to know if there is a way to save/convert a .studio file to any other usable file type. 

I don't have the programs, but a google search shows that it should be possible with the design edition version 1.9 or 2.0 to save them off as SVG files.

When you save your files do you have any save as option outside of a .studio file?

Something else you might try, just do a copy and paste from one program to another. I know it works well going from Inkscape to SignBlazer, but don't know about your two programs.

I've done a lot of looking and agree with the above.  If anyone has a early version, I'd sure like to have it!!! lol

I've done a lot of looking and agree with the above.  If anyone has a early version, I'd sure like to have it!!! lol

Knowing software manufacturers, the old version probably will not open files created in the newer versions.

Nevermind - Post edited - I will have to see if I have the old CD. I have upgraded since I first got it and I know I can't save anything but .studio now. 

Greetings You might start your silhouette software, load your cut file, remove the guides if active, then if using win7 use the snipping tool to capture the cut file(only what you want to convert ) and with snipit save as a jpeg file then retrace it. I know that's a long way around but it just might work. let me know if it does.

Jerry