Sign in to follow this  
eky8

Upgrading from creation pcut to roland or graphtec?

I currently use a creation pcut pro. I am looking to upgrade to a Roland gx-24 or a Graphtec ce6000-60. I have a few questions before I make the purchase.

1: I do a lot of fine detail and small lettering work. Specifically cutting small quotes that I etch on mugs. Also I use vinyl as a mask to do dye work and quite often have very fine details. Which vinyl cutter would handle this type of work best?

2: I don't want to spend extra on cutting software. I use Illustrator or inkscape for design work and just need the cutting software. Which software program is easier to use?

3: I'm sure there is a 3. But I just can't think of it right now.  :rolleyes: Thanks.

+1 Graphtec  great on fine detail and small designs and  text.  Cutting software has plug in for Illustrator.

Graphtec has done the smallest of the small without any issues.

I think you get more bang for the buck with a Graphtec,  The stand is standard equipment, with a Graphtec.  You have to purchase the stand extra, with a Roland.  And I would never have a vinyl cutter without a stand.   Many thought they could get by without the stand, and regretted it right away. 

• Like 2

Just for your info the third option is a Gerber but it accepts perferated rolls, in any case Graphtec is the best of the three