DeepEllumGlass

Newbie question about Sublimation printer for mouse pads

I would like to make mouse pads to give to our customers and we are looking to buy a sublimation printer, ($500 budget).

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on which printers/ink/mouse pads would be best?

We don't plan on doing anything other than mouse pads. We do have a heat press but know nothing at all about what we are doing.

We have watched the videos on how it's done so we have an idea but want to get a good printer.

Thanks in advance. Robert.

You don't have to use sublimation for mouse pads, you can use a regular inkjet printer with JPSS transfer papers. The colors don't come out quite as vivid as sublimation but pretty close. USCutter sells blank mousepads for a good price if you buy 50, comes out to around $1 each for the 1/8" thick mouse pads. Or you can find many sellers of blank mouse pads on eBay.

Here is a picture of one made with an inkjet printer and JPSS transfer paper.

post-4069-0-21824700-1387051818_thumb.jp

if you use the ricoh set it up with the sawgrass sublimation ink - if you use jpss then use regular ink - just remember you can't change once you choose an ink - you actually can but will cost you a fortune in ink changing over

We will dedicate this printer to mouse pads so we will not change ink.

We just will not be using it every day to make mouse pads. Once a month will probably be as much as it's used.

So let me get this straight.  With JPSS paper I can run it through my regular printer I use everyday and then that image will heat press onto a shirt.  

Does anyone have a link to research this more and learn how it works?

• Like 1

Robert, if all the mousepads will be one design, you can order 100 of them for $180 on eBay (or ask here, I'm sure that's something that can be handled by the regulars in this Forum who do that kind of thing with their dyesub equipment)

In other words, sub out your dyesub.

So let me get this straight.  With JPSS paper I can run it through my regular printer I use everyday and then that image will heat press onto a shirt.  

Does anyone have a link to research this more and learn how it works?

yes if you have pigment ink in your current printer - you would have to research what ink you printer uses

Do I need to use the spray on the mouse pad before I try to heat the print on it? I saw that on YouTube that you use a sray before heating. Thanks