3barefoot

Cutting Small.. SC series?? HELP!

The Greenstar vinyl isnt suited to really fine cutting from what I can tell.  Blade should barely be sticking out as in barely be able to tell it is there with a magnifying glass.

On my SC machine I always use 1 for pressure and 200 or 300 for speed.  

Also, get a Keyspan adaptor for USB if your using a USB.

I do not use a keyspan and i use usb connection on my laptop. Thinking i might just buy one to see if there is a difference

I read about these type of problems here on the forum often. Where a keyspan is suggested as a possible solution.

What does the keyspan have to do with? Does it adjust the transfer rate of data (baud) ? Does it have a bearing on

the way the cutter's memory receiving the info? Is it needed because the economy plotters don't have much internal memory?

I haven't had any problems related to this just curious. Can anyone point to threads with some info on this ?

Inquiring minds want to know.

The cutters actually communicate thru a serial connection . . . The USB port is connected to a flakey serial to USB chipset in the value cutters. The key span is a better chipset to accomplish this communication better

I just had the same issue, I belive it is the gold Greenstar vinyl and not your cutter. The backing is much thinner and slicker than any of the other vinyl I have purcahsed. It was the ONLY vinyl I had an issue with today and it was a brand new roll.  Not overly joyed about this.