pip

Com ports and cutter

Hello people got another problem!!!!!

My old laptop just went pop so got a newish one and installed uk sighblazer but.......

The cutter only installs on COM6, COM7 or COM8 and the output device option in sighblazer only go's up to COM4??

So The question is how do i get my cutter to wotk :-(

Im useing a usb and the coms listed are all my usb ports.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Pip

Hello people got another problem!!!!!

My old laptop just went pop so got a newish one and installed uk sighblazer but.......

The cutter only installs on COM6, COM7 or COM8 and the output device option in sighblazer only go's up to COM4??

So The question is how do i get my cutter to wotk :-(

Im useing a usb and the coms listed are all my usb ports.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Pip

did you remember to reinstall the ftdi drivers? it is the most forgotten thing when reloading a computer

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/202/61/01-mac--windows-driver-uscutter-mh-mk1-sc-pcut-laserpoint-and-copam

I didnt have to do that on my old laptop, it was on comport 3. i have installed the above will that open a new comport on SB?

I have got the driver installed but its installed on COM6 and SB only go's up to COM4

I believe mine is COM8 and SB see's it no problem but I don't recal doing anything special to get it to work. One thing you can try, you can go to the device manager on your computer and manually assign comm port numbers so you can force com6 to be called com4 or what ever you want.

It wont let me change the name im useing windows 7 if that helps, dose is say com8 in your SB cutter settings? SB dont even see my cutter on the com section

Yes, you can indeed change/assign the COM port in Win7.

As follows --

OPEN Control Panels - Devices & Printers - Device Manager

You should see PORTS in the list, with USB/Serial ---  if you don't, your FTDI device driver is not properly installed  (see posting from Dakota #2 above for link)

Right click on USB/Serial (choose Properties) -- Port Settings, ADVANCED tab, Select Com Port Number (a  value under 4 is good)

That should get ya going.

• Like 1

i am on a windows seven laptop and i have my sc cutter hooked to it by usb cable. the highest i see is blazer com 4 and lpt com 4 but when i hook up the usb it automatically reads it for usb and gives that option to me

Ok, took a look last night and SB sees my cutter on the USB, no comm port necessary. Lets start from the beginning, what model of cutter do you have?

Im using a sc cutter liyu now called i belive. im going for a play now will keep you updated

Yes, you can indeed change/assign the COM port in Win7.

As follows --

OPEN Control Panels - Devices & Printers - Device Manager

You should see PORTS in the list, with USB/Serial ---  if you don't, your FTDI device driver is not properly installed  (see posting from Dakota #2 above for link)

Right click on USB/Serial (choose Properties) -- Port Settings, ADVANCED tab, Select Com Port Number (a  value under 4 is good)

That should get ya going.

WOOP WOOP..... i love the sound of my cutter when i have been trying for ages to get it working and than she springs to life :-D

Thank you very much it now works like a dream.

And thanks to everyone that has helped me out cheers guys n gals

• Like 1

Those words of thanks are accepted gratefully.

And I'll give myself a Gold Star.

gold-star-e1356974777298.jpg?w=441

Ya know, pip, many of us here also once struggled to get things running, and I subscribe to the "pay it forward" school of thought.

Keep us posted on your progress.

• Like 1