TT57

how to ? GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!!! YEA !

can anyone using SCAL tell me how to add the word to the state. I am trying to do Mississippi

post-36131-0-75906700-1374471884_thumb.j

Node editing in Inkscape.

Then export to SCALPro for cutting.

Hate to say it but not many people latched onto scalp for design therefore very limited knowledge base. I tried for about a week on and off before deciding the headaches weren't worth the reward.

• Like 1

Are you trying to replace the word that already exists on there with Mississippi? Or just add Mississippi inside the state? 

I think she wants to make a Mississippi state outline look like the Alabama one pictured.

• Like 1

Find an outline of the state you want

Type in the name of the state and adjust the font and size to get it where you want it and then place it where you want it to appear in the outline

Node edit the outline and delete the segment that falls behind the name.

Add new nodes at the ends of the outline and drag them to intersect the beginning of the letters - repeat for the other end.

"Weld" the outline and name together and you should be ready to cut. If your outline and name are done with 'wide' lines (meaning you drew a central path and set a line width to make it thicker) you will need to convert the outline to a shape prior to cutting.

I tried this with Ink and SCAL. I couldn't get the node to disappear. When i deleted a node the line crossed over and attached somewhere else. I know that prob doesn't make sense. :rolleyes: Anyway, at 4 this morn, i gave up. I even checked youtube for a  tutorial but didn't see anything that might help. OW, i was with you till line 3. hehehe

post-24492-0-12479900-1374517309_thumb.p

post-24492-0-18745800-1374517310_thumb.p

post-24492-0-08696300-1374517311_thumb.p

post-24492-0-01476300-1374517312_thumb.p

After welding the two curves together, I went in and node edited the join between the 'a' and the outline to smooth it up some...

post-24492-0-93457000-1374517312_thumb.p

I tried this with Ink and SCAL. I couldn't get the node to disappear. When i deleted a node the line crossed over and attached somewhere else. I know that prob doesn't make sense. :rolleyes: Anyway, at 4 this morn, i gave up. I even checked youtube for a  tutorial but didn't see anything that might help. OW, i was with you till line 3. hehehe

Try working in wire frame mode, can make it clearer what you are doing when you node edit, especially when you're just starting out.

thank you so much everyone.  i am once again at work and didn't have time at home to look at this. i believe i will be able to smooth down the edge a little to make that a happier cut, i just couldn't get the word inserted.

OW, your sequence of pics looks like what i tried but i just couldn't get the line behind to disappear. I guess i needed to 'add' a node at the points at which i wanted the line to disappear? I sure need some video tuts. Other than experience, how did everyone learn all these tips. ? Does anyone on here have tuts and if not, you geniuses need to make some. :)

Thanks again all.

I still need to post my pig for the neighbors grill but he hasn't applied yet. :(

• Like 1

what is wire frame mode?

and how do I get to it ?

Up top View --- Show outline only. Same as wireframe.

• Like 1

wooohooo, I finally accomplished one on my own. I had been trying to use the MS image from the SCAL library. that would NOT work. So I googled a MS state outline, traced, placed a rectangle over the area I wanted to disappear, did Path>front minus back, and wala= there it is. Then of course wrote the word and welded into place. I knew something was wrong and it should be working. The SCAL library image was my problem. Who woulda thunk!!!  Thank you OW for making me want to continue on.

post-36131-0-66793400-1374746021_thumb.p