Pcrat

My darn cars engine went on vacation!! and the kicker is....

So me and my 4 year old son were driving home last week. Engine started sputtering hard some banging in the engine and ,, it died. Pulled over, thank god it was less than a half mile from my house.

wouldnt start, towed ( well pushed it with a truck ) home. got it started, but ran bad  VERY bad. 6 cylinder only running on 3.

we found out, that the timing chain jumped, bent some valves, and put a hole in 1 of the pistons, and the rear bank wasnt firing either.

was a good engine, only had 149,000 miles on it ( oldsmobile Cutlass 1998 ) sold it to a buddy, he is gonna put a new motor in it.

so all i have is $800.00.... i looked and looked on craigslist, everything was junk and well over 200,000 miles. just needed something to get me by for a little while,

and low and behold, at my work, a bigwig, was selling his car, wanted 1700.00 for it.

a 1995 Oldsmobile 88. Sky blue, only a couple SMALL spots of rust,  ( thats hard to find in michigan lol ) so I talked to him, 

I told him my situation, he said he would sell it to me for 1200.00 I asked him anything wrong. 

his wife drove it for 10 years, just babyed the heck out of it, 152,000 miles.

brand new tires, new rebuilt transmission, 4 new shocks, ball joints, and alot of new parts in the motor.

So I took it for a spin today wow does that car ride nice.  and hes allowing me to make payments ( he holds the car until then of course )

for 1200.00 i expected junk still at that price. 

BUT the kicker of this story is....

when me and my 4 year old son were walking home, of the 1,000,000 cars that drove by and 2 cops, only 1 person stopped in the HEAT and asked if we needed a ride( and it wasnt a cop )... and of course i was less than 500 feet from my driveway by then.

so to all of those who seen a little kid walking along the highway with his dad in the heat & kept on driving...  kiss my ass!!

even tho my son had fun walking home ( and i didnt lol ) 

if i seen that i wouldnt even think twice and i would of stopped. 

so yea thats my week.. and i got a bonus check and profit sharing comming soon too. 

Hmmmmmm, and to think that I'm upset at my wiper washer suddenly failing to spray.

It's all a matter of proportion, I guess.

I think about this sometimes, it is a different world today then when I was young. I grew up in a small town and people picked each other up all the time. I hardly ever walked all the way whenever I was on foot. The fuel pump in my suburban went out a few weeks ago and I had to walk a few miles in the heat. I wasn't surprised that no one stopped but I was reminiscing about how it used to be the whole trip. I do make a point to stop when I see someone that looks like they could use a hand. Either on the side of the road broken down or walking in a place that doesn't look like they really want to be walking. The pay it forward attitude can benefit everyone. I do not recommend picking up hitchhikers. Also here in my area there was a news report about a young girl being used by gang members to lure people into picking her up and drive to an ambush location where they were robbed. Just something to think about.

In my day , when you wanted a ride , you held your thumb in the direction you were walking . That indicated you wanted a ride . Most people walking now are doing it on purpose for health reasons :) . Walking as you " hitched " a ride showed people you were not a lazy ass sitting on a curb waiting for a ride . It may have been cheaper to put an engine in your car ??

lol last time i held my thumb out, i wasnt looking, and guess who pulls up  YEP! I was walking and he still asked for my license lol. I guess i should of said u want to see my registration too :D

• Like 1