theishkid

About to buy new CE6000-60

prbably weight - the main underpinings that everything is attached to is metal but the cosmetics are plastic - never had one wth any problems because of it - I did have an older one that was metal fc4100 and it was like 3 times as heavy.  metal dents also - the right plastic is much more forgiving.

prbably weight - the main underpinings that everything is attached to is metal but the cosmetics are plastic - never had one wth any problems because of it - I did have an older one that was metal fc4100 and it was like 3 times as heavy.  metal dents also - the right plastic is much more forgiving.

I see, makes sense.  

On those cutters can you turn off the pinch roller align? Mine is in menu> background settings.   I  keep mine off all the time.  That, and measure media.width   I can put both pinch rollers in the far right area . even an inch  apart and cut. Cutting scrap is never a problem.  I can cut to the very edge of each side of the vinyl roll..

Pinch roller align:  Menu>Advanced>down arrow>1>3 Disable (i think this is the right thing...it says "Push Roller Sensor", trying it)

Trying to find the Measure Media Width at the moment...

Hey Motoxchic,

I'm glad to see another user with the same machine; the more users there are the easier it is to troubleshoot.

The 6000 is definitely better than my PCut, but I know exactly what you mean about it being "different". There are a few things I was used to doing with my other machine that I am having to re-learn now.

One example is that the pcut seemed to cut a much thicker line in the material than the CE6000; now I love how beautiful this new machine cuts... but sometimes it's hard to tell where my cut ended when i'm slicing a design off the plotter. I've messed up on two different occasions now. That line was so thick on the PCut I could see it every time, but I wouldn't trade that for the quality of cuts and easy weeding I go through now... it's just different.

The plastic doesn't bug me as much anymore, especially since what I thought might have been more metal and rubber with the CE5000 was probably just the same type of plastic but I could never really tell due to the low quality images and video on the web... I just assumed that was a "more expensive" material than plastic. I am still a little shocked that the PCut at times feels more substantial than the 6000 but weight is the only place that machine might win out over the Graphtec.

Really my only problem with the machine has been the roller bars. They are not as straight as I think they should be and make the vinyl wobble a little as I roll out or roll up material. I told the people at Graphtec about it and I need to follow up with them.

As far as the manual... to be honest I didn't keep reading it like I should have. I read just the first couple of chapters, enough to get me going... but honestly once I tried cutting a couple of cuts and got it to cut Oracal 651 with condition 1 I stopped reading as much. I picked it back up and read a couple of chapters the other night but I didn't keep going. I have all intentions of setting up a couple of different conditions, one for 651, one for 631, just to fine tune things. But right now they both cut great on condition 1 out of the box and it's making me money so I didn't keep reading. And I just skipped the section on ARMS because I'm not using it anytime soon. It's also kind of a hard read... lots of supplement items all over the pages. You can just almost tell it was translated by someone that English is not their first language. And it wasn't designed very well to keep you interested if that makes sense. 

As for the software I pretty much opened it once and then shut it off. I've got 500 customer files in Illustrator and Flexi so it was going to take something AMAZING to get me to switch to something else and I didn't see it (but like I said, I did not give it a fair shot or read the instructions for it yet). I'll actually play around with it again some other time... but I knew Flexi from years ago working in a sign shop so I bought FlexiStarter and hope to upgrade to a more professional version of Flexi in the future.

Thanks for the nice comments! Be sure to check out the thread for caster wheels for the CE6000. Hopefully they will be here tomorrow with any luck and I'll get some more pictures up. I'm also going to try a Clean Cut blade pretty soon.

• Like 1

YES, my roller bars are also not "true".  Its strange.  Let me know what you find out, and I will also call Graphtec. 

I read thru the manual about the same as you did (also requested a hard copy, waiting to hear...I am staring at the computer long enough everyday, nice to have something in hand), just enough to get the menu straight and spot read the rest of what I needed to cut some 631.  I need to get my Conditions set though.  It cut a large 631 text graphic, but I had heck weeding the detail 631, dont think i had it setup right.  I am in a conundrum about software at the moment.  I have SCP (came with SC cutter), SCAL Pro Trial and Cutting Master 3 all installed on my pc, lol.  I keep going back to SCP, which worked great with the CE5000 cutter selected (whew).  I might try Flexi Starter in the future, but right now, I keep going back to SCP as I know it.  I really only use the cutter software for rotate, tiling, color separation and weed lines, everything else I use Illustrator.

Looking forward to learning this machine!

ETA:    yeah, a lot of Supplement info on the sides of all the instructions, makes it a little harder to get through the whole thing.

My roller bars are also not true......they wobble around some, but I really have not seen that it has hurt anything.  The tracking seems to be fine so I just figured that was the way they were ment to be.

Chapter 4 page 4 tell how to expand the cutting width.

Thought of the original poster after posting this...

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/39403-ce6000-some-awesomeness-and-some-frustration/

If you dont have the Cutter Controller installed, it is a MUST have :)  Even the Help menu in this little program is so much easier to follow.

Go here http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support/ and download for the CE6000.

• Like 1

VinylMill,  I just ordered the Graphtec 6000-60 as well.  I also live in Oklahoma City.....  However I am not currently in the sign business but in making gun holsters.  I bought the machine for my decals to give away and for stenciling to customize my holsters.  Who knows where this cutter will take my business too.  

Thank you all for the great comments on this cutter as it has led me to purchase this machine.  Some may say it is overkill for my application but would rather buy onece and not look back. 

Justin Lewis

www.eight2ten.com

great choice,  once you discover all the great things that you can do with this cutter, you will see it is not overkill at all.  Congrats on your purchase, you will love it.

Hey Justin,

I'm glad you picked up a Graphtec and are local! Let me know if you have any questions on the machine. We may also need to chat about some holsters pretty soon!

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm sure when I get the cutter tomorrow the questions and frustration will set it some. Haha but I'm confident ill figure it out.

Cutter came in today. Set it up myself in less than a hour. No problems at all.......yet. Haha.

I have no cutter experience but have an extensive graphic background so should be no problem running the cutter from the computer side. I am running Adobe Illustrator cs6 and the software and plugin from graphtec. Everything installed easy on my Mac mini server.

As for the cutter it looks top notch and when the display comes on it has somewhat a cool factor for sure but most important, it's very easy to read and navigate. Once I dial it in this weekend I should be cutting in no time. Hopefully....

Justin

all the cool kids work thier way up to graphtecs eventually surfing.gif.  Nothin wrong with the others but nothing compares to a roland or graphtec for smooth easy cutting!rainbow12.gif

I'm almost there with the qe-60 but I'm gonna make it a Grapthec later today. Maybe a chrome Graphtec across the front.

My front roller is straight and true but the rear roller has a wobble in it for those wondering.  Im still not sure what the purpose of the brake is on the rollers. 

Every thing I've read says the rollers are never straight. Don't know why but the brake is so when you prefeed your material it will stop the whole roll from unwinding while you're cutting. I don't have a brake on my setup and just put an old tape measure inside the tube so the weight keeps it from unrolling.

Jay

So after i determin the amount of slack to pre feed off the roll, i then would need to lock the brake so it wont unwind anymore?  Do i have the concept down

This is the first year for the brake on the lower model Graphtec.   If your using the flanges on your roll,  don't.   I have a higher end Graphtec, and rarely use the brake.  I only use the brake to tighten the roll some.  Media under pinch rollers,   Put brake on and put my hand inside the roll, and tighten the roll back up,,  I don't use it for anything else.  my vinyl does not unroll on it's own after prefeeding.

• Like 1

I have certain materials that LOVE to unroll mainly Siser though not so much with the vinyl.

• Like 1

I find that when my roll gets down to 2 - 3 yards it gets light enough that it can start unwinding on its own. I very rarely use the brakes, you'll get to the point that 9 times out of 10 you will know if there is a high probability of rolling.

can anybody advise the settings for flexi starter 8 and graphtec ce6000-60,  have the driver for the ce5000-60 which people says works also set to HPGL but no joy

contact  Graphtec tech support.  You can also use Graphtec software.   Cutting Master 2 or 3.

You could also use Signblazer, which is Free cutting and design software.  Many use it with their Ce5000.. 

hello,

can anyone tell me what is real cutting force of CE6000-60 cutter? I found different informations on internet 300 and 450gr...

hello,

can anyone tell me what is real cutting force of CE6000-60 cutter? I found different informations on internet 300 and 450gr...

when in doubt go right to the source the 40 and 60 machines have 300grams the 120 has 450grams

edit

should have read

when in doubt go right to the source the 40 machines have 300grams the 60 and 120 has 450grams

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/docs/Datasheets/GAI_Book_Catalog_2013_CE6000_WEB.pdf

definitely cuts anything I need to cut - but if you are looking to cut real thick blast resist than the titan2 cuts 750 grams.  personally the thickest I do is some sandblast resist for sandblasting and rhinestoning and the 300 grams is plenty

when in doubt go right to the source the 40 and 60 machines have 300grams the 120 has 450grams

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/docs/Datasheets/GAI_Book_Catalog_2013_CE6000_WEB.pdf

definitely cuts anything I need to cut - but if you are looking to cut real thick blast resist than the titan2 cuts 750 grams.  personally the thickest I do is some sandblast resist for sandblasting and rhinestoning and the 300 grams is plenty

what about other official sources?

http://www.graphteccorp.com/imaging/ce6000/ce6000_specs.html

http://www.anilinkompaniet.se/img/Graphtec/Graphtec_CE6000_serien.pdf

http://www.graphteccorp.com/imaging/ce6000/ce6000_brochure.pdf