twistedmonkeydesigns

laserpoint II with sure cuts alot pro contour cutting help

i had the laserpoint 1 and the sure cut pro they told me it doest work with laserpoint 1 so i bought a new laserpoint 2 today and installed eeverything. all is well when it comes to contour cutting its a mess.

i print the image i jog along the 3 marks and than when i press cut the aliignment is way off. what are the setting or what am i doing wrong? someone please help me any videos out there any help at all?

thank you

I have the same problem with my laserpoint 1. The software works fine with my laserpoint 1, but I have the same problem with it cutting about 2 1/2 inches off to the right and 3/4 inch too high on the image. How did you fix your problem?

Craft edge should make a video to show how this is done. It sure gets tiresome emailing them and having to wait for an answer. We are wasting a lot of time with this. Sure hope someone can help with this problem.

Thank you

With the LP1 my best guess would be to set laser offset to 0 and use the point of the blade for alignment. I use my LP2 this and get way more precise contour that using with the light.

With the LP1 my best guess would be to set laser offset to 0 and use the point of the blade for alignment. I use my LP2 this and get way more precise contour that using with the light.

the light is a gimmick = but it sells cutters

• Like 1

And that is exactly how Flexistarter 8.6 and 10, do it.  You can make any vinyl cutter into a contour cutter. Flexistarter uses the blade as the point in the middle of the registration mark. 

• Like 2

It is still cutting off of the image. Jaybird, if you would be willing to call me or I call you and help me out with this thing, I would surely appreciate it. I have a small children's ministry called Children's Outreach Program, and we are trying to get this thing to work to make decals, stickers, and t-shirt transfers so the children can sell them to help support our ministry. I am not that computer savvy, and don't understand some of the things Craft Edge is telling me to do. If someone can please help us, we would be grateful to you. 

Can you post a picture of what the contour cut look like so we can see the issue?

Jay

And that is exactly how Flexistarter 8.6 and 10, do it.  You can make any vinyl cutter into a contour cutter. Flexistarter uses the blade as the point in the middle of the registration mark. 

You just answered a question I was going to ask later. When I get time to contour with flexi 10 starter and qe-60 I was gonna ask that very question.

Ok, I will try to get a picture of it, then figure out how to post it on here. Let me go over to the ministry and figure it out.

This is a picture of the stickers we are trying to cut. I drew with pen around where it is cutting.

post-43444-0-23931700-1369069201_thumb.j

Are the image and the contour lined up properly in the program before you send it to cut and print? If so I'm at a loss.

Yes they are lined up, I believe. This is very confusing. I paid $550.00 for another program called winPCsign pro, which I found out does not work with any of the laserpoint machines, what a waste. They said it would work with all cutters. U.S. Cutter support is supposed to get with me tomorrow with an expert on the scalp program. Sure hope he can help me. They said he would walk me through on how to set up the registration mark and all.God bless you for all your help, and hopefully someone can really help me with this problem, can sure ruin a lot of expensive paper.

I understand and wish you the best of luck in this matter.

Jay

Found the problem, I hope. You cannot put weeding lines in, because it, for some reason, thinks it should cut outside the weeding lines, or thinks they are a node, but cut out two stickers and they came out good. Just have a little work on lining up the blade to the dot on the crop mark. ( it's terrible to get old ) lol. Thank everyone in the forum for their help. I will be back on frequently.

Finally got everything aligned and operating real good, no thanks to craft edge. You would think that a company which develops the  software would be more than willing to help someone who is having a problem instead of putting it on one of the distributors to handle the problem. I guess that is the way of big business, just pass the buck.

• Like 1

They pretty much set up this version of software just for Uscutter and overall they have tried to help but I think they realize now this program wasn't read to be released yet, still has a lot of issues.

Jay

I tried getting support from USCutter for contour cutting with my SC.  They were USELESS for support.  They couldn't even guide me to how to do ANY contour cutting with SCALP.  I did finally figure it out on my own.  

I don't understand it.  For most things USC has been great as support, but this instance, the guy just refused to help me.  

BTW, I'm working on a video to demonstrate it for the SC that I can send them the YouTube link to give to others that need it.

• Like 1

It is written on the ads.....it says contour cutting is not supported for SC,  it is right on their EBAY ads and their website for the SC vinyl cutter.     So, they will not support it.       Don't order a hamburger then expect a T-Bone for your money.

1x SC801 Cutter/plotter unit with laser point for contour cutting. (Please note: USCutter does not support laser point feature and is not included in the warranty.)

USCutter however does not support the use of the laser registration and it is not covered in the warranty..

I understand that, but when I asked for the process using SCALP and the Laserpoint II so I could understand even just where to start, he refused.  I just wanted a high level outlook to figure it out on my own.  Not support, and not being helpful are 2 different things.

Scalp support is thru Craftedge.com 

You newer people should be very happy that you get any type of  design/cutting software with your value cutters to even start with.... Most vinyl cutter companies give nothing , It would be an additional cost to you  Even the Graphtecs, DO NOT have design software with them. And look at what they cost.