MavistaGlass

Sign Blazer Elements Error Message.... Help Please

I haven't used my PCut cutter for a few weeks and when attempting to cut with it tonight, am receiving an error message that says:

Cannot open the output device. Error initializing cutter.

Help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Your computer is not talking to the cutter . Bad cable maybe , but port setting most likely .

I get that error now and then.

I switch off my cutter, disconnect USB.

Reconnect and turn on.

All good again.....

I get that error now and then.

I switch off my cutter, disconnect USB.

Reconnect and turn on.

All good again.....

Then I would just uninstall Sb and re Install it

I haven't used my PCut cutter for a few weeks and when attempting to cut with it tonight, am receiving an error message that says:

Cannot open the output device. Error initializing cutter.

Help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

im also getting that error now. just all of a sudden from one day to the next not working. does anyone have a salution to fixing the proplem? when i plug in the usb cord it makes the sound like its working. so im pretty sure its not the cord.is it a signblazer problem?

whenever you plug and unplug your vinyl cutter, you are assigning it a new com port number. So the com port numbers will not match in your device manager and cutting software. It is always best to have you vinyl cutter on a dedicated computer and leave it there. If your going to keep unplugging and plugging in, then do it with the computer and vinyl cutter shut off. Possibly it won't jump com ports then.

You can purchase cheap computers on EBAY still, that you can use with your vinyl cutter. I don't even upgrade, I stay with an XP laptop and an XP back up laptop.And have since 2006. XP is more stable.

• Like 2

im also getting that error now. just all of a sudden from one day to the next not working. does anyone have a salution to fixing the proplem? when i plug in the usb cord it makes the sound like its working. so im pretty sure its not the cord.is it a signblazer problem?

What Skeeter said , plus I have had the port settings change without unplugging the cable , ( It was when I was using usb & it might have lost connection moving the cutter etc ) Serial cable stopped 99.99% of any problems I had . SignBlazer is dated & has been 3 years without any tech support . There is a replacement being developed & when it gets officially released , It will have the tech support from the new developers .

It's best to have it on a keyspan adapter, not usb. better connection.

yes i do often unplug my laptop from the cutter. so i do i check the ports

yes i do often unplug my laptop from the cutter. so i do i check the ports

i just looked at my ports and they look the same LPT1

i just looked at my ports and they look the same LPT1

yes skeeter i agree with you i need to buy another laptop just for the cutter. i checked my ports and they have not changed. are there any other settings i need to check for

whenever you plug and unplug your vinyl cutter, you are assigning it a new com port number. So the com port numbers will not match in your device manager and cutting software. It is always best to have you vinyl cutter on a dedicated computer and leave it there. If your going to keep unplugging and plugging in, then do it with the computer and vinyl cutter shut off. Possibly it won't jump com ports then.

You can purchase cheap computers on EBAY still, that you can use with your vinyl cutter. I don't even upgrade, I stay with an XP laptop and an XP back up laptop.And have since 2006. XP is more stable.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dedicated comp is the way to go. You can get nice Dell Optiplex comps all over ebay, with plenty of power and memory,for well under $100 shipped. Most of them have serial connections,and either come with XP or you can install XP..it's easy to find for cheap.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dedicated comp is the way to go. You can get nice Dell Optiplex comps all over ebay, with plenty of power and memory,for well under $100 shipped. Most of them have serial connections,and either come with XP or you can install XP..it's easy to find for cheap.

thanks banner. hey do you have any idea why comp. is not insynk with cutter? checked ports and they look to be ok. any ideas?