mountainman graphics

How can I put projects over to a disc

I was wondering if there was any way to put my projects on a disc so that I will have them for repeat work.

My hard dive is getting loaded up and I can tell that my computer is slowing down. Also it would be nice to have them stored for backup in case I have a hard drive crash.  HELP PLEASE ! ! ! !

copy them just like any other file to a optical drive with Nero, Roxio or whatever you computer has on it. Just like copying data files

I was wondering if there was any way to put my projects on a disc so that I will have them for repeat work.

My hard dive is getting loaded up and I can tell that my computer is slowing down. Also it would be nice to have them stored for backup in case I have a hard drive crash.  HELP PLEASE ! ! ! !

also purchase an external hard drive.  discs get scratched and unusable,  cd/dvd drives quit

My hard dive is getting loaded up and I can tell that my computer is slowing down. Also it would be nice to have them stored for backup in case I have a hard drive crash.  HELP PLEASE ! ! ! !

also purchase an external hard drive.  discs get scratched and unusable,  cd/dvd drives quit

+1 add to that -- get a software program that will do a backup of your complete system every night and save it to external hard drive

we have 2 computers we design and cut from - everynight they get backed up on 2 diffrent hard drives

about 3 months ago we lost 90 % of everything - family pics - work jobs so no were over kill - the main computer is backed up 2xs in 2 diffrent locations

Where ever on your hard drive signblazer is storing the files just needs copied to another form of storage like the external hard drive

Check at Target - I found the same WD Elements 500GB external hard drive friday on closeout for 35.00 the 1TB ones were 99.00.

-Mike

Guest kenya

Check at Target - I found the same WD Elements 500GB external hard drive friday on closeout for 35.00 the 1TB ones were 99.00.

-Mike

Great price Mike.  :huh:

+1 add to that -- get a software program that will do a backup of your complete system every night and save it to external hard drive

we have 2 computers we design and cut from - everynight they get backed up on 2 diffrent hard drives

about 3 months ago we lost 90 % of everything - family pics - work jobs so no were over kill - the main computer is backed up 2xs in 2 diffrent locations

+1 also be sure to keep rotating one of these backups to an off site location. one never knows what could happen.. I take one over to the in laws weekly. I call it the 321 rule:

3 copies (1 on computer and 2 backups)

2 medias (1 on computer and 2 external)

1 off site (you just never know)

+1 also be sure to keep rotating one of these backups to an off site location. one never knows what could happen.. I take one over to the in laws weekly. I call it the 321 rule:

3 copies (1 on computer and 2 backups)

2 medias (1 on computer and 2 external)

1 off site (you just never know)

excellent coverage

I do a lot of my design work from home; work and home both have linux file servers - I just rsync the artwork and font folders.  Since I have no idea which computer I might have access to at work, I ended up syncing it all to about half a dozen computers.  Do I have enough backup, ya think?

I also have 2 external drives that get backed up every night at 4am.

1 is a 16gig flash drive in the front usb port that when I leave the house for work it goes in my pocket just in case of fire or theft.

I use folder clone http://folderclone.com/ simple program just set it and forget it.

I must not be as smart as the rest of you guys, I just export the file as an eps and a jpeg to a flash drive.

another good reminder to keep a back up of everything -a friend brought his dead computer over tonight for me to save their unsaved photos!