Sign in to follow this  
mastertinter

Driver for using illustrator

you will need cutting software,  Illustrator is only a design software,,   Sign Blazer elements is a free cutting software,  Free to download, and you can find a link in the Signblazer thread

55  Sign cutting software / Adobe Illustrator / Cutting from Illustrator and Corel  on: November 20, 2008, 07:26:44 PM 

How to cut direct from Illustrator & COREL

Hi Guys

First of all you must get a NULL MODEM CABLE to go from computer to (plotter) cutter.

Make sure it

Beyond the fact that this process has to be the most time-consuming method of plotting I have ever heard, it still doesn't change the fact that there are currently no "printer" drivers written for USCutters.

What software are you exporting the .dxf from/to?

I just got done reading this and I just laughed after reading all of it. lol Talk about a waste of time lol. Orrrrr you could make the design in illustrator, copy the entire design and hit paste in signblazer, hit cut and it's done.

Why make it harder than it needs to be?

I have a us cutter mh871.

where can i find a driver to use this for cutting?

Thanks!

not sure if your interested - but we cut directly from inkscape - corel draw and adobe.

but were using linux not windows

linux - free

inkscape - free

cutting plugin - free

Corel and Inkscape both will export as HPGL, as I suspect Illustrator can - you can (in theory) copy it directly to the COM port your plotter is hooked to.  USCutter-branded machines support HGPL internally - most cutters do.