thewvsignguy

Write port error in Flexi

I keep getting a "Write port Error" when I try to cut. This is a random problem that seems to come and go whenever it pleases. I've reloaded the driver for the PCUT, reinstalled the production manager (FLEXI 7.6v2) and I still keep getting this error message. I dont know if this is a computer hardware/software, FLEXI or PCUT issue and would sure like to figure this out if any one could help.

You stated that you have reinstalled the Production manager, but have you reinstalled Flexi? I assume so, but was curious. I have not run into this issue personally, but seldom use Flexi. You say it only happens sometimes?

I had this problem with Flexi..it was random too. It turned out that the cable was bad. I replaced the cable and no problems since.

You might also check the connections...with all of the vibrating,sometimes a USB connection can drop.

Now for the good news...it can be computer related. Your computer,for some reason,might be dropping the connection occasionally.

I love Flexi, but I am using it less and less now that I have signblazer.

I had this problem also with flexi 7.5

This is what worked for me..

Goto edit>prefrences>tools

scroll down to cut/plot... Disable the check mark for "connect to local production manager using TCP/ip

Click ok, restart flexi...

Post your results if it worked for you or not.

I sold the plotter  :angry:, but I had a feeling that it was in the cable but I did not have one to swap with. The computer would pop up and say the the device had disconnected. I just turned everything off then back on and it worked for a while. I have a printer, mouse & a usb storage device connected to the computer too so I did not thinkit was in the computer because those things would give me problems to. All of the feedback help, thanks for the help guys. knowlage is power! LOL

I had this problem also with flexi 7.5

This is what worked for me..

Goto edit>prefrences>tools

scroll down to cut/plot... Disable the check mark for "connect to local production manager using TCP/ip

Click ok, restart flexi...

Post your results if it worked for you or not.

I just tried this and it worked,..thanks!!!!